Recent content by Jimster480

1. Jimster480

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

When such great performance is available for sub $100; the motherboard performance is trash. 14-15 bits of distortion free performance? That will be OK for some music, not OK for others. , The thing about distortion is that it multiplies into each product. So the best thing to do is to have the...
  2. Jimster480

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

From the FiiO Site for Single ended. https://www.fiio.com/ka13_parameters All the graphs are there.
  3. Jimster480

The FiiO KA13 has volume control on the side of the dongle. It has up and down buttons. There is no indicator sadly. But it does remember the volume it was left at. Also the second link PROVES that a high end motherboard is TRASH. The performance is TRASH, it has ultrasonic problems... linearity...
  4. Jimster480

Motherboard audio is trash. I have yet to see a motherboard with actually great performance. My ancient FiiO K1 still beats every motherboard output I have tried; even on high end laptops that have "dedicated headphone amplifiers".
  5. Jimster480

Test the FiiO KA13. According to FiiO's own measurements (which they supply); it would do better than this device. KA13 is $79. Claims 108 SINAD KA17 is more expensive but they don't have the same measurements available. The specs show more power with the ability to have secondary power added...
  6. Jimster480

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

It's good when you almost don't do something but then you do it. I bought my dad a pair of earpads for his older Panasonic headphone, but then it was stolen at a tradeshow.
  7. Jimster480

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

I almost bought one of these for my dad, but I didn't.
  8. Jimster480

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Honestly, just use a good USB adapter, like a first party Samsung charger or LG or HTC, as all of those are quality. Otherwise, just buy one quality charger.
  9. Jimster480

Dell XPS 8930 RealTek HD Audio Interface Review

Sound quality of an iPod? Depends on which iPod. Some of the iPods have high end audio chipsets that still perform quite well today, especially with IEMs.
  10. Jimster480

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Yes, all the drivers work the same. I didn't even update mine for years.
  11. Jimster480

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Not really, it helps eliminate ground loops. I hope you aren't connecting headphones to the DAC directly though.
  12. Jimster480

Most of them do care. This literally makes no sense. Typically mismatched output impedance also affects driver phase and causes higher distortion in some headphones. So basically everything about it is just worse than having lower output impedance... To me my laptops always sound like garbage...
  13. Jimster480

Topping E30 II DAC Review

I'm honestly not sure if there would be any real difference in how these products actually sounded. Like, I would have to have both of them and really do some deep dive to try to find any difference. But I would be incredibly surprised if there was one.
  14. Jimster480

Yes because the laptop output likely has higher output impedance and IEMs are usually more vulnerable to changed output impedance. This is because so many of them use BA and BA drivers really don't like mismatched impedance. Apple Dongle has really low impedance even if it doesn't have much...
  15. Jimster480

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

I agree, its just a "luxury item" which has some luxury type downsides.
Top Bottom