Recent content by Jgm4661

1. Jgm4661

The kit we bought, our current setups

Here is my ‘old school’ mid to hifi set up which has held well up for decades. I used to work for a midfi electronics retailer back in the day so we could buy equipment at cost. I am still a novice with this but know some general concepts. I had an outrageous Kenwood/Visonic car stereo too w 2...
  2. Jgm4661

RIP Neil Peart...

RIP. He grew up in Port Dalhousie on Lake Ontario which is a pretty port town w lots of restaurants and bars, 14 miles away from where I grew up actually. I knew his high school from sports (he had graduated years earlier though) . We were listening to 2112 and Fly by Night in high school a lot...
  3. Jgm4661

DAC setup for home system

Thanks. Topping D10 or maybe even the Khadas Toneboard. I have an integrated amp w a volume control so wanted to ensure the line out was a set level as some units have a volume control for the line out. Then will look at trying to find any sites that have free HD audio files to play.
  4. Jgm4661

Hi. I have I believe it is 80211.n. It is up to 10Mbps so should be ok. I read that wired are the best for reducing video lag but will try and only look at a router if I see any lag. Youtube movies should be ok.
  5. Jgm4661

Hi and thanks. The measurement and other 'explained' articles are also very helpful here too btw. I can get teh SINAD type measurements so I am in the right general ballpark for understanding this equipment. Most of the other specs and graphs are a little beyond me at this stage lol. I have a...
  6. Jgm4661

Hi, Glad to have found this site for all the great reviews and help for the newbies. I try to buy all my audio components based on measurables and these reviews and the SINAM chart have been really helpful. There are many web articles recommending " best DACs for < $100 etc' but they are very...
Top Bottom