Recent content by Jerderv

1. J

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

Im running TV>Optical>SU-6>amps/dsp>speakers/subwoofer. The volume control works well and im happy with how the setup is working. I really wish the amazon firestick could control the SU-6 volume. The firestick had an IR profile that worked great with my SMSL q5 pro. When i would power on the tv...
  2. J

When my wife connects her phone via Bluetooth the SU6 displays "AAC". She has an Iphone. I looked through the manual I didn't see anything about this. Any ideas? Edit: nevermind, I googled it. AAC is another Bluetooth codec type.
  3. J

When using Bluetooth connected to my Samsung s10, the first time you hit play or after having the music paused for several minutes and hit play. The output stutters and skips for a second or two.
  4. J

I wish the default display was switchable. Id really rather have the volume displayed instead of the bit rate personally. Also I cant find an IR setting for my amazon fire remote that controls the SU-6. I was able to control the Q5 pro with the amazon remote with the first SMSL group setting...
  5. J

Questioning the MiniDSP 2x4 sound quality.

Noted, If I choose to use the DSP again in the future I will certainly try that. However I dont think EQing with that method will fix whats wrong with the sound from the miniDSP. Understandable, I do wish there was a better way for me to convey what im hearing, I dont know how to measure or...
  6. J

Odd, I received my unit with a 2 prong cable. Also USA WA State. I purchased from SHENZHENAUDIO through Amazon.
  7. J

I am quite new to the game and was unfamiliar with what the transition frequency was. After some googling, yes I had a couple EQ points above 300hz that pulled down some peaks. With that being said, yesterday when I was doing my A-B comparison DSP/NO DSP I disabled all EQ and removed the...
  8. J

So I just recently went from an SMSL q5 pro powering my bookshelf speakers to a SMSL SU-6 DAC ran to my miniDSP(nonHD) to a crown xls1502. I was watching a movie with my wife when something started to bother me. The sound while loud, felt less dynamic and explosions, action scenes, and things...
  9. J

Got mine! Running FL3 and DP1. Setup is a SU6 to miniDSP to a Crown XLS1502 driving a pair of dayton audio B652 airs and to a Crown XLS2502 bridged driving a single Stereo integrity HT18 v.3. It gets very loud. So far im thrilled with the sound quality. I cant wait to replace the Daytons with...
  10. J

I ordered mine, just cleared customs at LAX! I'll be using this to run a 2.1 setup in my living room for 50/50 movies/music. It is replacing an SMLS Q5 Pro. I plan on using the optical connection from the TV to the SMSL SU-6. I'm planning on using the SU-6 for volume control. I'll run RCAs from...
Top Bottom