Recent content by Jens

1. J

On Group Delay and Spatial Effects

I am convinced that the group delay mess from 1 - 2kHz to around 5 kHz band that looks solid on the group delay diagram is caused by the thin foam (and the nature of it) “protection” on the acoustic driver that is inside the headphones. Therefore, it should be simple to listen to the...
  2. J

Genelec 8030c vs LS50 Meta/Wireless

This port issue is NOT about what is right when using the speaker. It is about eliminating port sound from 400 Hz to around 3 kHz. And, It is only about recording the sound quality of two different speakers ( that also sound very much alike).
  3. J

To answer you: The speakers were 6 to 8 inches from the back wall, and the port sound would have smeared and distorted the recorded sound, I believe. The picture shows the sound from the Genelec port with and without the port being blocked + the front speaker sound (microphone placed at the...
  4. J

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Here are the sound files: https://we.tl/t-zm4WFgl3yI They are also in: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8030c-vs-ls50-meta-wireless.25027/
  5. J

I have recorded sound from one KEF LS50 meta, and one Genelec 8030c. That is mono sound from just one speaker of each kind. Both have the port totally blocked. Nothing else has been adjusted. Both speakers are placed at the same location. Microphone is placed 80 cm from speakers' center, and the...
  6. J

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

I have recorded sound from one KEF LS50 meta, and one Genelec 8030c. That is mono sound from just one speaker of each kind. Both have the port totally blocked. Nothing else has been adjusted. Both speakers are placed at the same location. Microphone is placed 80 cm from speakers' center, and the...
  7. J

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Thanks. I am from Denmark. I am now in NJ, USA. I have not received any response from the Topping dealers I have addressed in the USA.
  8. J

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

On my Topping D90 the OLED has bright and weak segments. Can I get it repaired, and if yes where? Could the problem have developed because the DAC has been turned on for a very long time and therefor got to warm inside over a long time?
  9. J

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

Is ISOTEK = no-changeTEK. If not, what does ISO stand for in audio?
  10. J

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

How about the DC mV out? I got one that has 8 mV DC out. I would like to see 0 +- 0.2 mV out for headphone amps.
  11. J

Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 Review (Headphone)

I do not know if the issue of extreme “noise”, group delay variation in some headphones in the band from 1kHz to 5 kHz (like Sennheiser HD650) has been addressed. I am "sure" that these variations have to do with resonance in the foam and/or the foam vibration interacting with the cover over...
Top Bottom