Recent content by Jedi2155

1. J

Denon x4800h, x3800h …power consumption in preamp mode?

I can tell you that in standby mode the power draw is minimal as well on my Kasa EP25P4 where I have my X4800h + MX1280 multi-zone amplifier + network switch etc. which draws altogether about 5.8w standby. Powering up the AVR bumps to 100w and slowly drops over the subsequent few minutes (likely...
  2. J

Turn a Mac Mini into a audio and video High Res "Apple TV"

I gave up my 2019 Shield Pro when I tried in 2021, and last year I bought it again when I swapped my x6500h for a x4800h and my Xbox Series X which supported DD Atmos Lossless on my PLEX wouldn't for some reason on the 4800h. I discovered the latest Amazon Fire Cube TV does Plex MUCH better than...
  3. J

The FTC may consider dropping the Amplifier Rule.

I know your joking but my Samsung Soundbar from 2013 literally lists a 10% THD at 1 kHz ...... of course its advertised at 280W while the specs say 25W operating.....
  4. J

Denon x4800h, x3800h …power consumption in preamp mode?

I do have my entire home theatre connected to a Kasa power monitor which I can test tomorrow to show you standby loads with my configuration if you are super interested, I'm willing to switch it to pre-amp mode and see how the power changes, and then back again tonight.
  5. J

Please need help - Is the AVC-X4800H enough for my speakers?

Correct, having more power is like having more money in your bank account. Having excess money is unlikely to cause you to go bankrupt all of a sudden. ;)
  6. J

Please need help - Is the AVC-X4800H enough for my speakers?

OP has 9 speakers (7.1.2) I believe, which is fed by a 125wpc so I'm assuming 250watts total (might be a little more with more channels driven), but it gives a siimlar SPL level at 27watts per channel (assuming they're all blasting a once).
  7. J

Can a Denon 4800h support a 7.2.2 setup with bi-Amp fronts? Coming a from a 6500h

To improve the sound quality which I heard the difference of (its very slight).
  8. J

Can a Denon 4800h support a 7.2.2 setup with bi-Amp fronts? Coming a from a 6500h

So I've tried adding a separate receiver and using only the pre-outs on the Top Ceiling speakers, however the software will not change the Amp Assign function and I'm still stuck with the same functionality 5.2.2 or 7.2 even if I put the ceiling speakers into an external amplifier, the 7.1...
  9. J

I've used my system with both Bi-Amped and conventional. I have heard a slight increase in sound quality, not a huge difference, but noticeable. See below.
  10. J

So I purchased the AVR-X4800H and unfortunately, it DOES NOT work in the way I anticipated. I configured it as a 7.1 (Bi-Amp) output with the Top Height Speakers selected so it gave me the guidelines for connecting all the speakers and devices correctly. UNFORTUNATELY (and as expected for a 9...
  11. J

Based on this diagram in the manual, it suggests that I can connect 9 speakers with the Front L/R able to bi-amped (for better cross overs), and the unit will automatically switch to power the height speakers if they are detected to be used "When you connect speakers for 8 or more channels, the...
  12. J

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

I recently purchased both this and the BT30D Pro and ended up sticking with this unit as I definitely can hear the differences between the two. My main listening comparison was on a Triangle Borea Br03 pair of bookshelf speakers being fed either through Bluetooth and on my PC via Soundblaster Zx...
Top Bottom