Recent content by JazKazman

1. JazKazman

HEADROOM Headphone Amp repair help :)

Hello all. I have now retried powering up the board after a light cleaning of everything (with one of my softer watch repair brushes and ISP 99% and it sure looks prettier ;-) but...does it power up or not? Well yes (see the red light on in photo) and having the headphones on while doing it...
  2. JazKazman

I had a closer look and yes that dark spot is there but it looks more like a pyramid sitting on top as opposed to a crater (?)
  3. JazKazman

Also as noted, when it powered up a few days back I could hear an electrical contact/static sound when initially inserting the headphones but no audio. Thanks again for your patience btw. Cheers :-)
  4. JazKazman

Okay I'll give it all a go and will google the instructions first. If those measurements require power though I may just call it quits as you suggest as I wouldn't want to risk injury ;-) BTW the first pic in this thread shows the LED lit up just before I removed the PCB. Maybe I'll try it...
  5. JazKazman

I'm guessing something is fried somewhere...
  6. JazKazman

Okay so I've now tested a battery as suggested and it reads as 9 volt (so we know the DMM is working :-) Unfortunately the PCB readings don't look as promising as this is what they are : A=00.1 (200V) B=00.3 (200V) C=00.0 (20V) D=00.0 (20V) I tried two different DMMs with the same result.
  7. JazKazman

Thank you very much. That helps a lot. I did notice the DMM 9V battery was flashing low so perhaps that was why it was acting strange. Armed now with your info and a new battery should do the trick. Will report back Sunday night. Cheers :-)
  8. JazKazman

Okay - so don't laugh but my first attempt at getting these readings was a joke. Not sure if these numbers even make sense as I wasn't even sure what multimeter setting to use and whether to use the red or black plug on the RCA shields but hey I did get some readings at least ;-) I guess I...
  9. JazKazman

New photo of the voltage regulator part number as requested (info sheet link below). https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm336-2.5.pdf?ts=1698953511441&ref_url=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.ti.com%252Fproduct%252FLM336-2.5 Added underside pics of the tiny amplifier PCB board just for fun . Still...
  10. JazKazman

>>But hey, if it's all in fun...<< Yup. Imagine bringing a 100 year old rusty pocketwatch or a WWII wristwatch ticking again after dismantling, cleaning/oiling and putting it all back together again (not that I'm always successful with that hobby but hey, when it comes back to life, ticking...
  11. JazKazman

>>While you are at that can you please make images of those OP amps so the datasheet can be sourced and then we can look at voltages and determine if they are getting voltage.<<
  12. JazKazman

My limited experience with soldering has been mostly connecting/repairing wiring in RCA plug cords and such using flux and solder. I have tinkered though with PCB's in the past just haven't desoldered anything (yet :-) other than re-heating the existing solder to soften it enough to remove. Man...
  13. JazKazman

btw: Costco here in Canada sells these for 4 (or 6?) in a case for about $13 CAD
  14. JazKazman

>>If it were mine I would probably cut the pins<< Thanks that what I was thinking.
  15. JazKazman

>> Be careful to pull straight out so you don't bend the pins.<< After de-soldering or cutting each 'leg' I assume?
Top Bottom