Recent content by Jaxjax

1. Jaxjax

2000-3000$ Budget for new studio monitors

I would definitely be looking at Dynaudio Core 7 open box can be had at 3k. .as you get Pascal @ 500/150. Sweetwater has JBL 705 & 708 on promo 48m 0% intrest right now. SW also has the Core series ... also Dynaudio builds there own drivers in house, most don't..
  2. Jaxjax

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Some of my QRP stuff is just fantastic. I do like the fact that Chad keeps investing in the betterment of QRP.
  3. Jaxjax

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Don't underestimate a good analog rig...that would be ignorant to what a good vinyl setup can do. I'm 50/50 A & D & fully realize how differant in a good way my vinyl rig is. I chalk part of it up to I know that there is so many different versions of a given track it ridiculous. I have many many...
  4. Jaxjax

RME UCXII vs Motu Ultralite MK5

Are you using AES in on the Genelecs .?
  5. Jaxjax

Electrostatic speakers?

You still run the Ripole subs with em .?
  6. Jaxjax

MoFi SourcePoint 10 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Erin put in an order for a pair of the 888
  7. Jaxjax

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I always dream to stumble upon one I can afford...It will never happen unless someone makes a mistake & I would probably tell them of it & still would have one..lol For now I just listen to Joe Bonamassa play his..
  8. Jaxjax

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I've watched this transpire too. I praise what ASR has done for my pet peeve which is cables tests which show no one needs expensive cables be it power or anything else & that $ can be spent on speakers as it should be. The positive use of EQ around here is also greatly appreciated. I remember...
  9. Jaxjax

Subwoofer Comparison

JBL SRX 918S new version...anyone familiar with it..? Seems like alot of control for the $...
  10. Jaxjax

JBL SRX 918S new version... anyone used it.?

Seems the new dsp in these would be capable.? Wi-Fi capable control of seemingly of anything that matters in intriguing for the $...
  11. Jaxjax

MoFi SourcePoint 10 - Review & Measurements by Erin

The 888 are tempting me...I run Dynaudio in main now but I could live with these by there side. There 5k for pair ?
  12. Jaxjax

Horns - Necessary to complete the Audiophile Journey?

Klangfilm has always interested me, I've had their amps but never the drivers or horns.
  13. Jaxjax

Grado... how many of you run em ?

I fully agree with that . The 3 actual exceeded what I wanted when I fired it up. I'm probably getting close to replacement time so I'll call Grado & see what my trade it will knock off new Sonata 3 . They told me but can't remember how much
  14. Jaxjax

Not bright... at least mine isn't. I talked with Grado a long while on phone before I got mine & told them my likes & dislikes. I also do not have to change EQ setting between digital stream & vinyl play .
  15. Jaxjax

I'm simply getting another Sonata 3 when mine burns up..good enough for me it seems. I couldn't stand the MC Hana I had ...that HF rise in not cool to me. I do about 50/50 digital stream & vinyl. I will however give a shout out to Feickert TT's.... Very very good tables. Wish I would have...
Top Bottom