Recent content by javajaws

1. J

Minidsp Flex Stability Concerns

I've got an SHD, Flex, and a C-DSP 8x12. Never had any of them lose their settings once set in the unit. You're much more likely to run into "human error". Some things to do to prevent that: 1) Make sure all outputs are disabled on any profile you don't use/plan to use (so when you...
  2. J

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

If you get the Flex with Dirac you lose the FIR filters, correct? Which would you'll rather have FIR or DIRAC?
  3. J

M&K S-150THX Speaker Review

I actually still use a set of these in my home theater (with 2x tripole surrounds!). Been rocking them since I bought them back in the 90's. They've been used with the full gamut of video technology over the years: 32" CRTs, plasma TVs, projectors, laserdisk, etc. I can for sure say I've...
  4. J

Question on QRD diffusers

Using QRDude...
  5. J

Question on QRD diffusers

Thinking about building a QRD diffuser. I've seen references to fin width (keep as thin as possible), but I haven't seen much on the specifications on the bottoms of the wells (assuming the build style leaves the cavities behind the wells open to the back/backerboard). How thin can they be...
  6. J

Review and Measurements of REL Wireless Subwoofer Transmitter

Anybody know if you can run multiple pairs of the REL transmitters/receivers in the same room (multi sub setup)? I saw no mention of it in their manual. Given that is has pairing buttons makes me think it might be supported, but....well, never assume anything lol.
  7. J

Purifi/Hypex/Ghent Build Concerns (Newbie Questions)

Does anybody know if the kit from Ghent has a 12v trigger (pictures don't show it)? Or is that only in the modified one VTV sells (modified/custom Ghent case)? Also, it seems like VTV hasn't been accepting orders all week - keeps saying essentially "tomorrow", then changes the date every day...
  8. J

Houseplants for Audiophiles

I'm totally gonna send this to my wife and buy some plants. I'll tell her the plants are a thank you for paying for the f208s we just bought and that they'll help make them sound even better. She's blonde... she'll fall for it. ;) Now to listen to some...Robert Plant! :cool:
  9. J

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Revel F208 Minidsp SHD (although I was an existing Minidsp c-dsp user before ASR) ...soon to be purchased Purifi based amp
Top Bottom