Recent content by Jarick

1. J

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

All fair, actually I completely agree with all those frequency responses! I might clarify, compared to the 600, the 560s sounds leaner and brighter to me. If I look at his measurements of the 600, he has a bigger peak in the low mids (just above the bass region), and the 560s has a bigger peak...
  2. J

Solderdude, really appreciate all the work you've done. I've found your graphs and reviews over the years and enjoy them. What you posted on worn pads matches exactly with what I hear as well. I really wish Sennheiser pads weren't $55 and lasted a lot longer!
  3. J

I just picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's this week with the sale at Amazon, which was only $249. I've had a pair of HD 6xx (same as HD 650 by all accounts) for about four years now and those have been my primary headphone. I also have a newer pair of HD 58x and a pair of HD 560s which I've...
  4. J

Genelec 8010 vs 8020 for desktop near field lower volume use

Yeah that may make sense. The 8010 seemed a bit weak both in the low and the high end. I wonder if the amps were too underpowered as well. The 8020 sound much better to me so far. Also, I just ordered a Motu M4 to see if it improves the clarity at all. I am looking forward to having good...
  5. J

The 8020's came in yesterday, and my initial impressions are that they improve upon the boxiness and somewhat recessed treble of the 8010's. For whatever reason, the 8010's seemed to have a bump in the low end right before the bass falls off, and they didn't wow me in terms of clarity. The...
  6. J

Will do! They should be arriving today. I'm hoping they are a little less boxy and a little more open sounding.
  7. J

Well, I ordered a pair of open box 8020's to compare them. Hopefully they have them in stock as I could save about $125 compared to new. I'd rather roll the dice and see if there's an improvement now than wonder if I should have gone with the other ones forever. Comparing Amir's graphs for the...
  8. J

Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while and really enjoy the detailed reviews and measurements. Signing up to try and get a specific recommendation. I purchased a pair of Genelec 8010A's last week to replace some cheaper monitors I've used, the JBL LSR305's and the iLoud...
Top Bottom