Recent content by janderclander14

1. J

Review and Measurements of PiFi DAC+ Pi Sound Card

Just to have a reference, could it be possible to do some basic measurements of the 3.5mm audio output of the Raspberry itself? The latest driver integrated into Raspbian claims to improve the audio quality a lot (which is done in a pwm pure digital way) and be near cd quality. Maybe you will...
  2. J

Review and Measurements of Asus STX II PCI Sound Card

I was about to propose the same. Asus and standard c-media drivers are known to be buggy and implement filters that degrade sound quality. In this respect, the author of the Uni Xonar Drivers also implemented a tweak on these drivers that disables an internal filter and resulted in subjectively...
  3. J

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

I was looking for a cheap alternatives to the Speaka or Xtremepro USB DAC dongles (which are impossible to find at reasonable prices) and I found this...
  4. J

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

On a similar price as the Topping offerings I think only the Melokin is available now. It was 300$ on pre-order but now it is 360$ plus USB. I found a recent review here, albeit on the subjective side. Maybe if you contact them and show your technical background they may offer you one unit to...
  5. J

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

May I suggest the Melokin DA9.1 DAC+head amp? http://www.qlshifi.com/en/wzcapi/da9.1.htm It uses the ES9038PRO DAC, instead of the stripped-down Q2M version used in the Topping products (DX7s, D50). It would be nice to see whether the full 9038 chip (which cost signficantly more and uses much...
Top Bottom