Recent content by JakeK

1. JakeK

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Yes. Your work is hugely valuable to me as well as many others. Please continue!
  2. JakeK

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

I won't be buying anything from Tekton as a result of this. A good speaker designer should be very interested in accurate measurement of their product with a view to improving future designs. They are evidently not interested in better designs.
  3. JakeK

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

While this is not a great speaker, I had not previously noticed this review as I'm not currently looking for floorstanding speakers. The response from Tekton has now got my notice and I'm sure many more are now reading this review. This has been a huge waste of Amirs valuable time and energy he...
  4. JakeK

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

Is that line out or headphone?
  5. JakeK

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I think we should all applaud Amir's generosity in providing this site and his tests and reviews. I hope it keeps on being worthwhile and satisfying to keep at it while dealing with some of the negative aspects! :)
  6. JakeK

Yes I think the compromise that Ascend have made between sensitivity, impedance, frequency response and distortion is a very good one for the price. You will need an amp with a good power output to play these loud but the amp won't need to handle low impedance. This should fit well with many...
  7. JakeK

Yes. If the impedance is lower then more power will be drawn from the amp if everything else is equal. Which can mean that the speaker can use that power to play louder or waste the power as heat or more likely both. This may cause more distortion in the amplifier and also more distortion in the...
  8. JakeK

OK. I'm going to try. The amplifier supplies voltage and current. The ideal is that the voltage at the speaker terminals is a perfect copy of the shape of input signal to the amp but at proportionally higher voltages, regardless of current (amps). What is taxing about low impedance in a...
  9. JakeK

Amazing! I'm wondering if they sell to the UK? These are in the right price bracket to be my new desktop speakers. Not sure if they are made for nearfield use though. Also not available in white plus they look very similar to my existing pair so my wife would be wondering where the $1000 went...
  10. JakeK

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

So you can test Audio equipment with a Topping E2X2? What else would I need to test line out and headphone out of a PC or even a small amplifier?
  11. JakeK

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

I tip my hat to you for the interesting and informative review. :cool: I don't have any use for the product itself though.
  12. JakeK

There's quite a range of opinions on this forum! I wouldn't use the headphone out of a motherboard to drive high end low impedance headphones at high volume. However, I'm not trying to do that. I don't mind the low power output that much as I don't want to have my headphones very loud. I want...
  13. JakeK

Where is the nice volume control and indicator lights on that? Those dongles are not comparable in physical functionality so it stands to reason they would be cheaper. I wouldn't want one of those for my desktop use whatever the SINAD is...
  14. JakeK

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

Fairly confident I can hear the difference in this case!
  15. JakeK

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

I didn't make any notes so I can't remember exactly but I think I did try it at different volume levels. Possibly if I had known how it measures I could have managed the volume level better to get the best from it. I think I did adjust the player volume level down and turn up the speakers to...
Top Bottom