Recent content by izeek

1. izeek

Share your favorite free (or low cost) tweaks!

my decoupling solution bastardized idea from seeing granite speaker plinths. the sub is on an isoacoustics substand.
  2. izeek

Share your favorite free (or low cost) tweaks!

i actually use a wooden folding chair. nothing to reflect off.
  3. izeek

Travel speaker

we've had jbl flip 5 for 3 yrs, or so, that sounds pretty good. not audiophile but certainly enjoyable. i got a case for it in the deal that is super convenient to carry by hand. fits in any carryon. we use it a lot during the summer on outings.
  4. izeek

Which gauge?

yes
  5. izeek

ASR MEMBERS: What System Would YOU Choose To Blow Away Non-Audiophiles?

my o is that the persons you are trying to impress will be impressed because they'll hear music in a manner they might not otherwise. they, having been used to everyday audio(car, businesses, etc) so nearly any dedicated system will be impressive. my pedestrian gear always gets a smile when...
  6. izeek

Speakers to large for my room ?

i love big speakers so id recommend the 28s. but that’s me. you'll need dsp but other than that...
  7. izeek

Which gauge?

get some good looking garden hose.
  8. izeek

How to choose cables ?

i used some old monster thick ass cable i had laying around till i decided what i wanted my cables to look like even if no one but me sees them. nothing wrong with audiobling. bought some canare 4s11 from bluejeanscable.com. great quality. ive been using a custom 4s11 someone made for me for...
  9. izeek

System help: Adding channels to existing 2.1 setup...

you'll need an avr. and an amp/speaker switch.
  10. izeek

General question about floors and speakers

i have carpeted suspended wood floor. it used to resonate from bass. you could hear it in other rooms easily. it was on the muddy side. i live in an apartment building and you could hear it thud down to the first floor at 60dbish. felt for my neighbors. after several experiments, the final...
  11. izeek

Changing bookshelf to floorstand is worth it?

iono jack but im from the "no replacement for displacement " camp. i went from htib to real ht and then added 2ch. until i got to towers, i felt like i wanted more of everything. satellites, true ht and floorstanders. they weren’t all the same level as my jbl L890 towers which are the best...
  12. izeek

Show us your audio tweaks, mods and extras

did something similar.
  13. izeek

Show us your audio tweaks, mods and extras

decoupling substand and pavers for subs. towers naked-footed on pavers resting on 1" horsestall mat. significantly reduced floor resonance. big reduction in boom and thud with carpeted wood floor. much more detail. diy diffusion in the corners might be hard to see. right corner almost the...
  14. izeek

What's your normal listening distance and db level at that distance at home?

@fredamigo- The problem with some loudspeakers is that you never get the impression that they're playing very loudly ... even though the "acceptable" threshold was exceeded a long time ago .. this definitely describes my jbls. i walk to another room and go, damn thats loud. my wife has no...
Top Bottom