Recent content by ithehappy

1. I

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

Okay now I have to rethink I suppose. I have no studio work, I am not into mixing/producing music or anything even remotely of that sort. This is simply for listening pleasure, and my usage is 50-50 between gaming and movies. I rarely listen to music. @Robbo99999 Thanks. Although the fact that...
  2. I

Thanks for the responses, gents, appreciated. What I never did understand is this term high-fidelity or high-res audio thing. I mean a headphone's job is to reproduce the original recording, and some do in an elevated way (V ow W shaped) and some remain neutral (Flat/Harman Curve?), other than...
  3. I

Has anyone used a K361, I mean a 7506 user? Then how would you compare them? Would you say that the Sony reveal more details and has better stage and imaging? I had the K361 and found them to have really poor imaging (or stage for that matter), gaming was extremely difficult to a point I didn't...
  4. I

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Hmm, thanks. In that case open back isn't really an option for me. I can clearly hear from 5 ft. away what's being played through the K361. This is a movie playing at 50% volume on MPC-HC, no amp (Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard), all Windows audio settings at default. Room noise level is around 45...
  5. I

Really not getting time to test the software :( I have a query to those who use both open back and closed back. How can I guess how much a open back leaks? I mean if I play a track at my desired volume on a closed back and lay it on a table idle, is that some reference point of how much an open...
  6. I

Is this something an amateur like me can do, EQ/PEQ?
  7. I

I did decide on the HD 569 but almost all the reviews on reddit spoke against it. It has terrible sound, they say. So went with the K361 at last moment.
  8. I

Please move this post if there's a K361 thread, I am unable to find one, hence posting here. So I bought a K361 despite my hesitation (due to the build quality issues) last week and the same was delivered to me yesterday. The import date on the box is May, 2020. I contacted the seller and asked...
  9. I

Recommendation for closed back headphones

Ha ha OK. If you go ahead and order the 700 PRO X please keep us informed here about how you find its sound signature. I will be keen to know. It's a rarity to find 770 disliking people, it's as though Beyer will file a lawsuit against anyone who speaks negatively about them. I personally they...
  10. I

@Roy_L Exactly same feeling for me. I'm done with Beyer was what I said to myself, but here I'm looking at Beyers again. At current price there's no way I'll consider the 700 PRO X, in the meantime I'm not sure what to get. The DT 150 is said to be pretty flat but it's not available in my...
  11. I

Ah first world pricing. Here a DT 770 32 is 10k and DT 700 PRO X is 28k (INR). So 2.8 times the price. I am pretty certain that 700 PRO X is nowhere near 2.8 times better. Also, is it even neutral? I remember watching two reviews and both said they have cut down that ear piercing high treble a...
  12. I

Thanks. You probably missed the bit about my budget. 700 PRO X is nearly three times the price of a 770 in my place. Also, it is the same rounded shape, so will avoid
  13. I

I'm in almost similar situation like OP's. Looking for an alternative to DT 770. I've used the 770 (32 ohms) for nearly six years. From Day 1 it started to hurt my ears and head, and it was the same few weeks ago when I retired it (smashed on wall, beyond repair). I've never known that a...
Top Bottom