Recent content by Intamin

1. I

How much money do you have invested in this "hobby?"

I voted 5-10k as current system is just Salk Song 3 BeAT and a receiver, but sadly I’m well north of 25k if throwing in all prior systems and sins. Fortunately recouped a good chunk, but hate to think about how much I lost on resale.
  2. I

Salk WoW1 Bookshelf Speaker Review

I can confirm Jim builds beautiful cabinets (room/system still a work in progress) They sound good too! I’m looking forward to seeing how the measurements correlate with what I’m hearing, and while I wait gives me plenty of time to understand the character.
  3. I

Connecting DAC for listening to streaming (Tidal)

Got it, thanks! And I had missed that review, so will give it a look!
  4. I

I guess that's my question, does the Element X or Pro-Ject Streamer act as the streaming device and my ipad/phone is the remote, or is my ipad/phone acting as streaming device?
  5. I

I'll bring this thread back as I'm looking at something similar. I just want to stream Tidal from my iphone/ipad > Dac > Amp at highest possible quality. Does it make sense to do the Matrix Audio Element X, or do the Pro-Ject Streamer to Topping D90? I'm mostly concerned that I'm missing some...
  6. I

Electronics You Would Buy Just for the Looks

Pretty much anything from Esoteric, but to be specific, the grandioso stack.
  7. I

Our perception of audio

Yep, quite sobering. The disappointing part, as someone who loves to tinker and constantly change/upgrade things, is that it leaves very few rational options to venture down. I've never been on the mp3 is bad train per se, as I've always been a skeptic of all things high end. I've also not had...
  8. I

Our perception of audio

Just thought I'd shine some recent personal experience on the perception of audio... Was listening to spotify the other day on my system (focal sopra 3s and devialet 220 for reference), and during listening couldn't help but think that spotify wasn't good (likely due to cancelling tidal due to...
  9. I

Stereophile's Favorite Drug?

I'll leave that duty to the more veteran members around here :D I wouldn't know what would be appropriate for you...
  10. I

Stereophile's Favorite Drug?

Weed! 420 on the DCS :)
  11. I

A Deep Dive into HDMI Audio Performance

Thanks Amir. I guess this kinda goes back to the old argument, that even though we can prove there is distortion and that not all digital is created equal, all digital should sound equal? As you stated earlier, the frequency responses measure the same, and the jitter is getting masked, so can we...
  12. I

A Deep Dive into HDMI Audio Performance

As someone who appreciates science and engineering more than hyperbole, this is a fantastic article and much appreciated, as are your other articles Amir (trying to catch up on all the new stuff). A few follow up questions, and my apologies if they've been answered else where. It's easy to see...
Top Bottom