Recent content by Inazzab

1. I

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

Exactly, all subjective evaluations are (mostly) equally biased in unpredictable and unknown ways. This is why we need measurements; because what you hear does not necessarily reflect reality. Here's a fantastically informative article going discussing how and why humans can get things wrong...
  2. I

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Would it be possible to add compression measurements of headphones, such as the one @solderdude did in his review of the HE-560? Subjectivists often praise or criticize headphones based on their "dynamics" or perceived lack thereof, so I think it would be worth investigating whether these claims...
  3. I

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

Thanks for sharing, this is very informative! Also, according to the study, "Choosing a product with good design resulted in increased openness to counter-attitudinal arguments and reduced propensity to escalate commitment toward a failing course of action". No wonder owners of the 1266 are...
  4. I

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Those are measurements of the pre-2020 revision of the Sundara. Here are the measurements of the latest revision, which look even more similar to Amir's review
  5. I

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

I love the wonderful use of sub-bass on this track. Good ol' Hans Zimmer.
  6. I

I wholeheartedly agree that post-measurement listening and EQing are essential to having (mostly) objective and consistent reviews. However, also adding pre-measurement listening could eliminate (or significantly reduce) any measurement bias (even if it can't eliminate all other biases). For...
  7. I

Suggestion: Perhaps you could do some preliminary listening tests and EQing before looking at the HP measurements to eliminate bias? If you expect there to be a frequency response error, then your expectations may lead you to perceive it regardless of its actual existence, or you may perceive...
  8. I

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

Great review, as always! But which type of measurement better represents the audibility of the distortion?
  9. I

Recommendation request thread

In that case, both the HD6x0 series and K712 seem like great options, so I'll try to try them at a store before buying. Thanks for your help!
  10. I

Thanks! This info is really useful! Just to clarify, when you say that the K712s were harsh, is this before or after EQ?
  11. I

Since the K712 Pro has a slightly smaller soundstage than the K702, while being technically superior, do you think those could be a better option? (I can get them for about 300$). Could the K7xx also be a good option? Also, what would you say are the biggest differences between the 650/600 and...
  12. I

Country: US Budget: (in local currency and maybe USD): 350$ Max, preferably 300$ or lower (I'm happy to look at the used market) Form factor: (e.g. over ear, on ear, IEM, open back etc.): Open back over-ear Use case: (e.g. casual listening while at work, critical listening etc.): Critical...
Top Bottom