Recent content by imac

1. I

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

It appears I was getting some feedback though the RCA cables in the Modius but not in the Modi for some reason. The XLR cables arrived today and the pops vanished. Could have something to do with my powered monitors, the way the Modi has external power vs USB power for the Modius, or something...
  2. I

Hmm ok, I have a couple things to try - most of Schiit's troubleshooting involves different USB cables & ports. Time to dig through cabled and crawl under the desk.
  3. I

So you're saying the pops are in the file but the Modi Multibit smooths them out while the Modius recreates them accurately? I'll dig up the CD and try it on another system. Also, twice so far I've had no sound unless I unplug the Mobius and plug it back in (easier than a computer reboot)...
  4. I

Files ripped from CDs, using EAC, and fed from computer via USB - tried both VLC & media players.
  5. I

Well the noise isn't between tracks it's between DACs. One file is FLAC that I ripped and the other is MP3, but not sure of the bit rate off the top of my head. Didn't hear any noise with multibit modi but did with modius.
  6. I

The magni just has a volume knob. I removed the Magni from the equation but can still hear the pops. I am using RCA cables. I can try XLR to my speakers and see if that helps, though I need to order some. Think that would make a difference?
  7. I

I got my Modius this weekend, to replace a Modi MB. My main gripe with the Modi MB was that I could practically cook an egg on it. Now here's the interesting thing, in listening to both back to back, I can hear what I think is clipping (or maybe just some popping noise) with the Modius, but not...
Top Bottom