Recent content by Ilkless

1. Ilkless

Your latest cool purchase

Oh, traditionally tailored suits will often be designed with extra fabric to look good even when altered by about 2 sizes up and down. Just that I'd either need to bring it back and be measured up again our next holiday there, or find someone competent locally. Thinking of a subtlely checkered...
  2. Ilkless

Technically not purchased yet but we are going on a holiday to Tokyo and I have an appointment to be measured up for my first bespoke tailored jacket from an old Japanese master tailor. He trained in Savile Row and Italy and stayed in Rome for decades before returning home. He was Federico...
  3. Ilkless

Great driver for single driver no crossover speaker?

ScanSpeak 10F/8414G10
  4. Ilkless

How do you usually store your headphones?

Inside the provided travel case
  5. Ilkless

Let's talk about food!

I think eating century egg hot is a frequent mistake (except when chopped up in congee). Otherwise, it's better cold/room temp IMHO, the acrid notes are more muted. Small slices (like eighths) eaten alongside pickled ginger is much more palatable too. The ginger tang somehow melds with the...
  6. Ilkless

Horns sound this way? Ribbons sound that way?

With well designed speakers there is a difference only insofar as geometry/configuration determines dispersion.
  7. Ilkless

Let's talk about food!

The takeaway sushi place (by a Japanese fishmonger supplying seafood to several Michelin starred restaurants locally) I posted further up this thread opened a fast casual place some months back. I finally got around to trying it. Excellent pricing. Starts at about 35USD for a lunch omakase -- 8...
  8. Ilkless

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

I wasn't aware Dan Henry did that! I love the design for how much detail it packs on a dial while remaining so coherent and legible.
  9. Ilkless

Omega 5950.30.03 This was part of a criminally underrated series of watches released in precious metals (18K gold or platinum) to mark Omega's centenary in 1994. The idea was to take the gorgeous proportions and details of 1940s-1950s Omegas but with modern manufacturing techniques. What I...
  10. Ilkless

Wears its 30 years of age lightly! (side note: if you have a lead for period-correct Omega 18K gold spring bars, please share them. Customs seized the original spring bars on this watch alongside the croc strap.)
  11. Ilkless

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

Subconscious expectation bias that smooth even dispersion for a given radiation pattern both along horizontal and vertical planes, exemplary flat FR, phase linearity, low nonlinear distortion reduces the room for arcane tweaking whimsy. hence the mind looks for explanations based on visual...
  12. Ilkless

This was a used set I bought with the original croc strap and buckle. Unfortunately customs seized the strap. No worry though, lots of guys that make beautiful straps using top-grade leathers in my region. CITES needs to find a solution for used watches...
  13. Ilkless

Omega Renaissance 1894 5950.39.03
  14. Ilkless

Spirits, what you drinking...

I really like Bomberger's; that shouldn't be ridiculously priced like Stagg/Pappy.
  15. Ilkless

I must say I expected that to be worn the other way round
Top Bottom