Recent content by iamkimosabi

1. I

Pyramid shaped room?

Would a pyramid shaped room help with room acoustics or make them worse?
  2. I

Someone please do the Yamaha MSP10 Studio reference monitors. They are supposed to be their high-end studio reference monitors

Someone please do the Yamaha MSP10 Studio reference monitors. They are supposed to be their high-end studio reference monitors
  3. I

What are the best headphones you would recommend in the $100-$250 range? What headphones do you have?

Very ignorant comment. Sony C800G, proprietary mic transducer made by Sony Taiyo division is very sought out and well known in the pro-audio world. Yamaha NS10 / Studio designed by Akira Nakamura. Yamaha MSP / Studio series designed by Akira Nakamura. The Japanese have been making great...
  4. I

Yamaha MSP7 STUDIO speaker damaged after short 100% volume?

Self healing capacitor maybe? I use the MSP10 Studio, which is the same family, but was designed before the MSP7 by Akira Nakamura before retirement. I've re-capped the entire amplifier board on both sides. I have noticed that the switches for TRIM and LOW CUT can get oxidized caused some...
  5. I

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Hey Dave, would you say this also applies to ADC?
  6. I

Looking for a straight barebones DAC

That's quite interesting...it wasn't to get a better sound per say...I just wanted a simple DAC that sounds accurate enough for me to mix through, leaving my analog i/o open for routing hardware. I chose the ES9038Pro because I like ESS chips...always have since I used the Duet2 which had...
  7. I

yep, you can route everything through the daw or console software.
  8. I

free up my analog outputs for summing.
  9. I

I have no idea what I would do with that lol! But thank you, that is pretty barebones!
  10. I

Because I like it :)
  11. I

Yeah I would love one of those, but it has way too many things I don't need, and I would like to cut the price down because it has features I would never use. I just need something pristine with the ES9038PRO implemented well, without all the extra bluetooth MQA streaming functionality...don't...
  12. I

Z No they’re old active monitors lol
  13. I

i don’t need usb but if it has it that’s fine. What I meant was it’s not important. By the way, I thought usb was just an extra feature...dac is normally digital input no? Spdif aes optical?
  14. I

I’m looking for suggestions on a dac for my powered active studio monitors. I’m mainly looking to record and mix music so accuracy performance is a huge deal. This will be connected through digital outs of my Universal Apollo X6, to my active studio monitors. Here is a list of what I am...
Top Bottom