Recent content by hoverdonkey

1. H

Cavern QuickEQ - Basic How to

Just popping back in to report that I did eventually get around to trying this on LMS on a RPi4B, and can confirm it is usefully faster than the Pi3B+.
  2. H

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Just to be clear, the issue to which I refer is caused by the Pi3B+. It manifests on other USB DACs, not only the DL200. I also had it on my Topping d10s, and I have read that it affects other USB DACs.
  3. H

Just to add, a Pi 3B+ should not be used to drive a USB DAC when using wired ethernet. That combo always gives random pops in music. wifi + USB DAC works fine. I wonder if this issue applies to other source hardware? The reason is, I believe, that the USB & ethernet share the same bus...
  4. H

I would also add some positivity to add to the balance, if I may. I get power-on pops and on sometimes on change of settings. Crucially, however, it never interrupts the music. Less crucially, I think it sounds like the needle landing on the vinyl, a lovely sound that I miss (because I will...
  5. H

Extracting surround channels from HDMI LPCM digitally?

Thanks for suggestions. I only have coax/optical/USB digital input on my DACs. One reason I want/need digital out for surrounds is that I need to send 2 channels via through existing hidden cabling - and I only have optical and ethernet available. I have balun pair to send single ended audio...
  6. H

Ah! I did't think it could possibly be the same question that I had just answered the post before. You are wise, Master Contributor.
  7. H

I do not understand, maybe rephrase this?
  8. H

Extracting surround channels from HDMI LPCM digitally?

Hi Is there a product out there that can take 5.1 LPCM over HDMI and output the channels to 3 x SPDIF (i.e. front pair, rear pair & Centre+Sub) or 3 x USB? I have seen a few boxes around that can take 7.1 LPCM over HDMI and output 7.1 analogue out, but not digital out. I would prefer to use...
  9. H

I use my directly into a power amp. All good. I think my DL200 was at full volume when I switched it on for the first time. You might want to attend to that before plugging the speakers in.
  10. H

How did you obtain the DL200 firmware update, please? You mentioned Hifi Express in a previous post, but I could not find the link on their DL200 product page. I like to be sure of the source of things before installing them. It is odd that Hifi Express provide this update when SMSL say...
  11. H

Glad you worked it out. Please could you send link to the f/w update, I can't find it.
  12. H

Haven't tried Bluetooth... will try soon... hope it doesn't brick the unit! I do not have a coax SPDIF source to try. Optical fine though.
  13. H

Mine has been fine on USB and optical. What is sending the USB? Have you previously fed USB DACs from it? EDIT: I note you were on 192, which I have not tried yet. Do you have pops on 44.1? EDIT2: Okay, no pops from me on USB. Have you checked your jitter setting. I am on DP4.
Top Bottom