Recent content by home_theatre_man

1. H

Revel F206 Technical Problem Verification

I haven't been able to take any measurements in his room yet or listen to any other F206s. However... He did swap in his AVP from a different system and perform another Audyssey setup. I was able to listen to this EQ and see no reason to pursue any further troubleshooting except for academic...
  2. H

Grimani Systems Rixos-L Review (Active DSP Speaker)

Yes, he is always busy working on standards and standardization projects like that. I am not sure which one in particular it might be!
  3. H

For his listening distance, I would agree. This is the fourth room in which his F206s have lived; the others were much smaller. He has always complained about difficultly in "finding" the center image, but it wasn't until after this latest move that he started talking about replacing them...
  4. H

Grimani Systems Rixos-L Review (Active DSP Speaker)

I work with Anthony Grimani and would be happy to pass along any questions about the product to him and Manny LaCarrubba, the designer of the waveguide.
  5. H

I will eventually use REW. My time in front of the system is limited, so I have to prioritize what to do. And note from the OP that the idea one of the F206s is "broken" came from someone else. I have personally seen or heard nothing to suggest an abnormality beyond typical manufacturing...
  6. H

I tested all drivers using the Gold Line APT2, and they all report forward motion for (+) voltage applied to the red terminal.
  7. H

Using test stimulus of gated 500 Hz - 2 kHz narrowband pink noise, the phantom between the two F206s seems to "spread" or "widen" from the midpoint out toward each speaker as the frequency increases. Another way to put it is that the octave (approximately) from 500 Hz to 1 kHz sounds "in-phase"...
  8. H

I finally made it back over there with enough time to move the speakers. There is no audible difference in pink noise with the speakers side-by-side, except what one would expect given the slight difference in top octave as measured by Audyssey (see OP). The single tone 20-20 kHz sweep is one...
  9. H

I would say that it sounds more "broken" with the EQ bypassed.
  10. H

Interesting theory crafting question for the forum... My father has had a pair of Revel F206s for a number of years. He has never been entirely happy with them, which has always kind of surprised me because of Revel's standing and the fact that he is not usually particularly critical of sound...
  11. H

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

:D So have I. In fact, since it is kind of my job to find problems with sound system-related things, I have been known to hear a lot of things that weren't really there. ;) I have also found a lot of problems that other people missed! Since this doesn't (so far) appear to be a known thing...
  12. H

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I'd never heard it mentioned in conjunction with this model. My other thought was some kind of limiter malfunction. I can check the other unit, but it's still in the box.
  13. H

Just picked up a pair of these to play with while in COVID QT and have a question related to the limiter. I was hitting one of the speakers pretty hard (didn't measure the actual input voltage or output SPL) to see if I could duplicate the limiter symptoms Amir got...which I thought I did. I...
Top Bottom