Recent content by hombre

1. H

Infineon CoolGaN Class D amplifier EVAL_AUDAMP24 vs Purifi?

Mouser also carries the EVAL_AUDAMP24 module for $468.
  2. H

EVAL_AUDAMP24 module has adjustments for self oscillating frequency and external option: Two potentiometers for adjusting self-oscillating frequency (one for each channel); There are three switches on the reference design: Switch S1 is an oscillator selector. This three-position switch is...
  3. H

Perhaps I can consider that in the future. I am working on servo circuit so want the added protection, the high gain (33 dB) and ability to bypass the preamp that the Eval24 offers. Could anyone tell me what J8 - DC protection does / how to use it on the Eval_AudAmp24? Is it separate or...
  4. H

Here is my Infineon EVAL_AUDAMP24 + power supply setup - still in original factory box! :D. I am using a 500Watt PSU +/- 45V (that rating is based on 110VAC, I have about 121VAC so getting +/-50V DC). This PSU also has +/- 15VDC and +12VDC in case I want to run some other circuits. I have a...
  5. H

Quick report after only a few minutes of testing: Playing the EVAL_AUDAMP24 through sensitive BG NEO 10 planar midrange: No turn on Pop / Click. Only a faint turn off click. No audible hiss, hum, buzz at idle / no signal input Very clear when playing music. I will be comparing the Infineon...
  6. H

I received the Infineon CoolGaN Class D amplifier EVAL_AUDAMP24 evaluation module GaN today. Will be powering with generic PSU +/- 50V. Many built in protection features built in the evaluation board. From the brochure: "The EVAL_AUDAMP24 GaN e-mode High Electron Mobility Transistor (HEMT)...
  7. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Alternate power supply for Purifi EVAL1? 500W +/-55V Amplifier Dual-Voltage PSU Audio AMP Switching Power Supply Board (on Ebay about $45 total) I am wondering if these PSU's could be used with the Purifi modules as an all in one, simple, more compact alternative to the HYPEX + other power...
Top Bottom