Recent content by Holmz

1. Holmz

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

I was being a bit sarcastic…and following the theme, those 5As “extra bass” is making up for a few VLR to create parity in the world. ;)
  2. Holmz

Should I "feel" the sound more with floorstanding speakers vs bookshelves?

The speed of the air molecules are related to the temperature, and what mass those molecules have.
  3. Holmz

My waf dipole speaker design. Waffle.

^this^ One could probably try various wings attached to slowly flare the baffle, or felt wings, or star shaped wings to avoid a baffle step.
  4. Holmz

Should I "feel" the sound more with floorstanding speakers vs bookshelves?

Let’s pretend that: Both pairs of speakers were in the same room. And that both people had the same reaction. Where is the waffle?
  5. Holmz

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

They have the process to tune them on the Vandy site. One can download the “Vandertones” which has the tones you tune the pots to. I think that the 5A carbons are probably a bit better than the VLRs, and for a bookshelf.
  6. Holmz

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

I believe you. But this stuff have been around since Faraday and Maxwell. The electrons do flow. They get pushed by the electric field like a sheepdog pushing around sheep… Not all the sheep move in unison like a school of fish or a flock of starlings, but en masse they all move.
  7. Holmz

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I think I’d stay being happy with the TT then. And I’d get a few more TTs if it preserved the old fella.
  8. Holmz

Best way to add a center channel

Well the Mrs heard a sound bar and said, “you sort it out, and make it be more listenable than this.”
  9. Holmz

Absolute Polarity - Myth or "Important"?

I Hopefully the multiple is a module 2 = 0 one.
  10. Holmz

Some sound bars are pretty bright, a shrill and grating… you likely need to have a good listen.
  11. Holmz

True, one would think that. But I am not sure it is true… for it to be of use (IME) it has to have a wide horizontal radiation pattern, AND the listeners need to to be spread out from each other spatially. If it is 2 people on a sofa, then my experience is that good two channel speakers are way...
  12. Holmz

how does an 'Audio Grounding Box' work?

Ahh… I did not pick up the sarcasm the first time around.
  13. Holmz

Can a DAC improve soundstage, depth, separation?

It is possible that the ancient ones may have been under the threshold as well.
  14. Holmz

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Does anyone know what the power supply capacity in Joules?
  15. Holmz

how does an 'Audio Grounding Box' work?

Which school did you go to?
Top Bottom