Recent content by holicst

1. H

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Today I put my Thieaudio Monarch MkII for sale. I'll keep these ones.
  2. H

Yes. Fit is also better for my ears. I hear no problems with thechnicalities.
  3. H

Okay, after more listening, I'll put my Monarch MkII on sale. A bit differernt, not necessarily better. I'll spend the $950 difference on hookers, cocaine and whiskey. Great deal.
  4. H

I just received these. After a quick listen (10 minute) using a 9038D, I am very impressed. I'll have to have a very focused listening session so I can find the $950 difference between this and my Monarch MkII... Fit is fine for me.
  5. H

Please let us know how it compares to the Monarch MkII. I have that and would be very surprised if the SQ would be the same. If yes, then why does this cost 50 bucks? If no, that implies that all these measurements are not the full picture... both are interesting scenarios.
  6. H

THIEAUDIO Monarch Mk II - Uber well-tuned tribrid IEM

I agree 100%. I use an E1DA 9038S with it and I feel it is perfect.
  7. H

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Has anyone heard both the Stealth and the Shure SRH940? I have the latter which is considered very neutral, flat and has low distortion. I'm considering an upgrade but I'm not sure how big the difference is. Additionally, I can drive the Shure with an E1DA dongle properly, and I'd have to invest...
  8. H

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

I am not sure if the Zen DAC v2 can sufficiently power this DCA headphone, based on its specs.
  9. H

Looking for recommendations for a new setup

Thank you for your valuable input! Actually, my wife is not a big audio fan and I cannot cook, so the kitchen is not a priority :D I'm looking for the best sound in the primary listening position. However, the KEF is really an easy and all in one solution. Maybe I'll also ditch the HP amp and...
  10. H

Looking for recommendations for a new setup

Hello everyone, We will renovate our flat soon and this is a perfect time to upgrade my audio setup. I'd very much appreciate any feedback from the ASR community. This is what I want to replace: - B&W 685 mounted on the wall - Onkyo TX-SR505E integrated amp - currently the only source is a...
  11. H

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

Isn't it ironic to defend MQA by saying that simple tones are not natural sound so it is not suitable to test the performance of MQA, on a website that is all about driving sine waves through equipment and measuring the SINAD?
  12. H

Buchardt A500 Measurements and Spinorama

How do you kbow a Buchardt sub is coming? What is the release date?
  13. H

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

Don't worry, there is a 9$ headphone that is an "extremely accurate and audiophile headphone!": https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/9-headphone-review-sony-mdr-zx110.19484/ I bought it, tried all the EQ settings from ASR and it still sucks. No need for double blind...
Top Bottom