Recent content by Hobolicious

1. H

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Do we believe that Dirac ART will be released on a similar introductory deal as with DLBC (30% off), or was this likely because they just missed the BF deal with the release of DLBC on D&M? I guess I am wondering if I can hold of for a full bundle for Dirac ART (and the rest of the Dirac Suite)...
  2. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Correct if you buy the two as separate products. Packaged together it is around $50 cheaper. Here is a screenshot from the Massimo Consumer Training:
  3. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Thanks for the detailed reply, peng. Much appreciated!
  4. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

For those of you running multiple subwoofers on either 3800, 4800 or A1H, do you feel like a MiniDSP or similar is necessary, or does Audyssey/Dirac work well for multi-subwoofer setups (I know DLBC is expected further down the road for Dirac which would definitely make a MiniDSP obsolete)? For...
  5. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Really depends what you are after. X3800H obviously have a few features that the X4700H lacks, so if any of those are necessary to you then you would have to go with the X3800H, if you don’t see the need for any of them obviously X4700H is a better fit. Performance wise they will probably be...
  6. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I do not disagree. It would obviously be beneficial if Denon made a statement about why they chose (or had to choose) the TI DACs over DACs that would have had performance closer to the original 3700 DACs. If they did so, and the explanation made sense, I think people potentially would be more...
  7. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Interesting. Two things that immediately stuck out was the slide with the Dirac road map that Q1 2024 was on the slide for DLBC (and that it was shown in relation with the X3800H that would point towards it being available for this specific receiver down the line), and the second thing that was...
  8. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Thanks for the reply. I have not changed my receiver for many, many years, but need to do so now as I am moving to a 7.2.4 setup. I have not been in the HiFi «numbers» game for so long I have forgotten most of the lingo, and therefore not as easy to understand the graphs and numbers, so thanks...
  9. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

It seems like you are quite knowledgable in the area. How do you think my Classe Audio CA-5200 would perform as amp for FL, FR and C in combination with the Denon X3800H? Specifications below:
  10. H

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Out of curiousty, if you are not recommending the X3800H, what would be your current recommendations in the same price bracket (disregarding the X3700H seeing the last batches of it likely will have the same DACs as the X3800H) that can do upwards of 7.4.4/5.4.6 (with 2ch power amplifier)?
  11. H

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

To a certain extent, but the X3800H is actually cheaper here than in the US, so was hoping the same would be true for X4800H, but it turned out to be the oppsite.
  12. H

Ouch, price on X4800H just released in Norway as well. 825 quid/925 USD/950 euro more expensive than X3800H here…
  13. H

1625 euro in Norway (25% VAT rate here) it seems.
Top Bottom