Recent content by hmishra

1. H

Can I use Denon receiver with external amplifier without pre-amp mode

I use the app too now. Switched to it just a month or so back and it has made things extremely convenient and IMO, more flexible to control than just doing it through receiver. Anyway, I will do just that. Now just have to wait for the external amp to arrive.
  2. H

Excellent! That was exactly the corroboration I was hoping for. I will eventually switch to how you are running your system too except probably sometime next year. I was looking to buy the Emotiva Gen3 XPA-11 so I don’t have to buy multiple external amps but seems they are in extremely short...
  3. H

Thanks for proving the FAQ link. I found this in that thread and this directly answered my question:
  4. H

Per above, I will just go with this use case: I don't really listen at very high volumes anyway. To give y'all an idea, while I have occasionally cranked volume up to ~ 75 dB on a scale of 0 - 98, I usually go no more than ~ 65 dB anyway. That is plenty loud for my needs. Even at 75 dB, I...
  5. H

Agreed 8500 has that ability to selectively turn off amplifier for specific channels but 6500 doesn't. So my intention is to connect external amp through pre-outs while all built-in amps are still active albeit in power saving mode. My only concern was if this way will work because I have not...
  6. H

Any other feedback? I am thinking of buying either Emotiva or Monolith 5 - 7 channel amplifier to accomplish what I stated above. I guess all I am looking for is confirmation that my quest will not end up as fool's errand.
  7. H

To answer your question, I have full range LCRs and I want to feed them more power than built-in amps in the receiver can provide. Plus isn't the sole purpose of pre-outs are so clean signal can be externally amplified? Plus, I wouldn't think I am adding any risk if I add a Monolith or Emotiva...
  8. H

Hi all, Here is my situation. I have a Denon AVR-X6700H and currently running in 7.2.4 mode, so I use all built-in amplifiers of the receiver. However, I want to add an external amplifier which will power my LCR speakers but I still want to use built-in amplifier for the rest. I know Denon has...
Top Bottom