Recent content by Hiilari

1. Hiilari

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Hello My Genelecs are a bit older so no room correction, all analog, not even class-D amps but good 'old AB. So I use the RME's EQ to mildly take some room modes off, then take XLRs to the Genelecs and RCAs to the Elac subwoofer. Since both the speakers and sub are active, their own controls...
  2. Hiilari

Agree. In our kitchen/living room area I have the RME ADI DAC connected to active Genelecs (in Finland, naturally :-)) with XLR cables. RME has all these usability features nicely figured out. Plug in headphones and speakers mute, no cliks & pops, volume and (if in use) EQ is set for headphones...
  3. Hiilari

I have the older, original version of this, and it has IMHO one silly design flaw: all the other DAC/amps switch between line out vs. headphones simply by plugging headphones in. Or, have a physical switch like my small Musical Paradise tube amp. In this unit I need to get into the menu to...
  4. Hiilari

Zorloo Ztella MQA Phone Headphone Adapter Review

I didn't know it was even possible to send mic signal to the device via the USB-C port... But you're right: according to Zorloo webpage this should indeed work, meaning this tiny chip sould do both DA and AD conversions! I tried your scenario and found the same: there is audio but it's super...
  5. Hiilari

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Realized that but it means I also need a way to turn USB 2.0 to optical or coaxial. Something like a Topping D10. Not bad or too expensive but more boxes and cables. Audio-wise that would still be the smart cheapo choice. But RME is just so cool, and measures slighly better than my Cambridge...
  6. Hiilari

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

I got interested about this nice little amp because it says to have EQ. In my room and my home-brew speakers I need some. But seems it has different bass/treble adjustments, not a proper parametric one. Need to invest more serious cash into that RME ADI I presume...
  7. Hiilari

Radsone Earstudio ES100 Bluetooth DAC & Amp Review

It's custom made by one of the eBay custom cable shops, I used one in the UK. Paid 30£ which is around 35€ or $40. I could freely choose cable, length and connectors.
  8. Hiilari

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

To us Finns this is perfectly logical :-)
  9. Hiilari

The weirdest behavior with Topping DACs and USB audio, please help!

Thank you so much, this is good info! In my current setup I never any get any snap & crackle with no music playing. So, could it be that it's the analog side of the Topping DAC that suffers from either ground loops or gets f*#d by the electric noise pollution from the docking station's...
  10. Hiilari

Q Acoustics 3020i Bookshelf Speaker Review

Ah, the arhcetypal European indeed. :)
  11. Hiilari

These look very British - since they are. Very different from Scandinavian. French and Italians have their very own thing going. Europe is kinda big and diverse and there simply is no 'European style'. We are one big beautiful mess of styles and cultures.
  12. Hiilari

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Pro, here's a picture (sorry, the page is in Finnish :cool:) https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/35977/jxmmh/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Pro-Docking-Station-telakointiasema Docking stations are IMHO quite essential for home office use (we all do home office over here as...
  13. Hiilari

Nice review again! I was intrigued by this statement "It is modern but not too European looking for American taste. " As a Finnish / European audio buff I'm not sure what 'European looking' means...
  14. Hiilari

Thanks for thorough questions! Lemme try to answer:
  15. Hiilari

...and need to bring up this discussion again - the strange snap & crackle & pop has returned, as long as my Lenovo laptop is in its docking station. If I connect directly to laptop and use an USB hub then all is fine. What might cause this? One sympton is that an AudioQuest dragonfly connected...
Top Bottom