Recent content by HighImpactAV

1. H

StormAudio ISP 16 MK2 Review (AV Processor)

Here are the changes with Firmware 4.6r0 dated April 15, 2024: Add Zone 2.x support: Use of the Configurator to create Zones. Add Sub(s) with bass management support on Zones. Add multi-way support on Zones. Zones become by default audio/video zones. Add Dirac ART support on Zones. Multiple...
  2. H

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

StormAudio has its own documentation for Dirac ART on its Knowledge Center.
  3. H

How to calibrate REW or Omnimic's SPL with a smoke detector.

I recently purchased some more smoke detectors and found that they emit an 85 dB signal (at 10 ft) at 3200 Hz. You can read more in The Audibility of Smoke Alarms in Residential Homes. You can use the smoke detector to set REW or Omnimic with a fair bit of accuracy. This is because smoke...
  4. H

A Call For Humor!

Vic died at age 81 in 1980 in Neligh, NE.
  5. H

What's the longest thread on ASR?

A Call for Humor - 22,431 posts What are we listening to right now - 19,585 posts Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing - 9,608 posts
  6. H

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

No, the StormAudio ISP's are the only supported devices at this time. Features Active Room Treatment is now officially included for availability with supported devices.
  7. H

StormAudio ISP 16 MK2 Review (AV Processor)

Are decoding with the MKIII? If not, why are you getting it? The StormAudio MKIII 32 will decode to a maximum of 13 base channels. If you want the Lc & Rc, then you have to choose between wides or an extra side surround. You cannot decode a rear center surround with any configuration. It will...
  8. H

AI music vs real quiz (easy)

The AI stuff has weird phasing. This must be what was listed at the end of the test as Time warping and general "wonkiness."
  9. H

Simultaneous HDMI bitstream and 8-channel PCM decode on Windows possible?

I just had a chance to test and linking an analog and bitstream Zone works in JRiver. There is simultaneous audio playback of the Zones with madVR set as the video renderer. I didn't do any latency testing.
  10. H

Many use Zones for various rooms in the house and need the living room, kitchen, bedroom, etc. to all be in exact sync when playing the same content to all Zones. JRiver introduced ZoneSync quite a few years ago that "uses extensions of the DLNA protocol to cue items for playback, check zones...
  11. H

I couldn't remember if video content can use linked zones. I found this thread from almost 10 years ago that shows that another zone is needed for video: Simultaneous HDMI and Onboard Analog Output, but that could have changed since then. With multiple analog zones, you can use Adjust Link...
  12. H

You should be able to do this in JRiver Media Center. Create a Zone for Bitstreaming output and a Zone for Analog output. Link the Zones. Each Zone can be assigned its own audio device. I can test it tonight to see if it works.
  13. H

Very efficient speakers (100 dB), how important is amplifier power?

Where do you get that spec? The CLF file (Common Loudspeaker Format) that JBL provides shows an average sensitivity of 90.3 dB and their spec sheet shows 92 db (300 Hz - 18 kHz). Maximum input voltage is 63 Vrms, which is 500 watts at 8 ohms. Note: when actually viewing the CLF file, you can...
Top Bottom