Recent content by hifime

1. H

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Yes, that looks like it. To know for sure, you'd have to play files with different bitrates, e.g., one with 44.1khz and one with 48khz and see if the DAC reports the correct bitrate. Btw, MPC-HC is good for movies but not the best for audio. You may want to look into foobar2000 or musicbee.
  2. H

sampling rate. Either your media are all 48kHz or your player / OS is resampling everything to 48kHz
  3. H

Some dacs do allow simple control like play/pause next/prev. This one could've easily done that since it comes with a remote. But as said elsewhere SMSL seems to care only about measurements, not useability or other niceties.
  4. H

I have a Mac m1 running Sonoma. With a C200, there's nothing special needed to output beyond 96hz.. Device automatically recognized. The DL200 looks to be almost identical in function.
  5. H

Have you tried just using USB-C/lightning to USB-C OTG cable to connect your phone to the C200?
  6. H

SMSL seems to be designing for ASR measurements. They need to do some basic useability improvements like auto switching source when plugging in headphones, showing volume instead of sampling rate by default, (both should be optional, too, of course), and fixing/minimizing the pops on rate...
  7. H

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

I just end up doing what is most convenient. Leave it on during the day. Shut it off when I go to bed.
  8. H

did they make the knob smaller than the C200? or is it an optical illusion. Big unit requires big knob! does it still always show sampling rate rather than volume even if you have headphone plugged in? Another dumb design decision. I only need to see the spl rate briefly when it changes. (My...
  9. H

The TRS out is 4Vrms at 100ohms impedance, that's .16W. (P=V^2/R, 4^2/100 = .16W see the specs here https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/799.html Versus 1.3W for the headphone out. So I don't think you need to bother doing what you're trying to do. If you really really want to...
  10. H

Several people in this thread reported this exact problem, including me. One person thinks it's static buildup. Mine seems to have fixed itself. I thought it was because I had cables plugged into both 6.5mm and 4.4mm jacks, but apparently not. Did I change something in my setup without...
  11. H

Headphone Amp with DAC and balanced XLR pre-Out for studio monitors?! Topping DX5? SMSL DL200?

if you have clicks or pops through USB, you can try optical if your mobo has optical out. Better ones usually do.
  12. H

cable change?

in this case, though, I'm using a desktop DAC with identical output rating for 6.5mm and 4.4mm (the "balanced" connection is only for convenience). So the difference I'm hearing is really in the cable. hence my puzzlement. Edit: I hear clearer difference between the cables than between Fiio...
  13. H

Is anyone else getting some distortion with C200 + edition XS in some lower freq? Using qobuz lossless/hires > audirvana > usb-C. exclusive usb mode, no upsampling, no software volume control.
  14. H

the box and their website both say 18Ω. You have a different source?
  15. H

Headphones with Glasses?

Somewhat surprisingly, I have no problem wearing glasses with my edition XS. They slide right in and do not change the sound. I lucked out for once
Top Bottom