Recent content by Heesung

1. H

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

In fact, OP is testing just that at this very moment. He is soon to reveal the results. Just wait and see.
  2. H

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

I connected PA5 to D90SE - A90 - Elac BS314 through XLR. When I raised the volume of both A90 and PA5 to max, there was absolutely ZERO hissing noise even when I put my ears right in front of my speakers. Incredible.
  3. H

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

My question was not about an advantage, just if it is OK to use only one channel. The reason is, I was going to use 2 PA5s for my AV receiver with two front channels and one center channel.
  4. H

Wow thanks! Can I just leave the unused channel as it is, or do I need to short RCA and put a resistor to the speaker terminals?
  5. H

Thanks! One question left though. Using an RCA splitter adapter (attached below) for my AV receiver's center channel preout and using both channels of PA5 to bi-amp my center speaker (my center speaker has bi-wiring binding posts).... Is this gonna work?
  6. H

So, just put both legs of a resistor into each speaker terminal of the unused channel of PA5, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  7. H

Where can I get this thing???
  8. H

Thanks but could you be more specific? How can I ground the unused input? For the output, the following is correct? PA5 left out ----- speaker cable ----- 8 ohm resister ----- speaker cable ---- PA5 right out Something just came up to my mind... Using RCA splitter adapter for my AV receiver's...
  9. H

I was thinking of using 2 PA5s for my AV receiver preouts (front/center). I wonder if it is OK if I use only 1 channel of PA5 for my center speaker. Is PA5 (or any other stereo power amp) going to be fine if only one channel is used?
  10. H

I've just received PA5!!!! SH*T....... My xlr to trs converters don't fit... Do they really have to be TRS...? I just ordered other cables that I hope would fit. ...Just a couple more pics in case you are wondering how it looks... I wish I had ordered a silver version...
  11. H

There is no E60. You probably meant E50, I guess. E50 and PA5 can be a nice match as they advertise on their webpage. If you want a better one, I'd suggest D90SE, which is Topping's flagship DAC.
  12. H

Thanks!! As I understand, it seem All DACs that have a volume control can be said to have preamp function even though they are not described as such. Then, what's the use of all the expensive preamps except for some additional inputs? If I add Topping A90 or Pre90 between my DAC (Mytek...
  13. H

Well then, what's the difference between just a DAC (Mytek Liberty or Gustard X-16) and a DAC with preamp function (Mytek Brooklyn+ or Topping E50)? I'm just curious....
  14. H

I'm confused here. I have two DACs without a preamp function (Mytec Liberty DAC, Gustard X-16). In order to use PA5, do I need a preamp (such as Topping A90)? Or can I just connect PA5 directly to my DAC?
Top Bottom