Recent content by HD MOVIE SOURCE

1. HD MOVIE SOURCE

SMSL PL200 (CD Player)

Does this play SACD and MQA CDs? I'd be very interested if it did.
  2. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

That's great that they improved the performance. I'm thinking about buying one of these I'm impressed.
  3. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Hi, I was just wondering, the updated version, is that a hardware update or a software update? If it's software, does it just require a firmware update and that fixes the original flaws? How do you update the Mini-DSP? When directly connected to a PC or you need to flash it with a USB? Thanks.
  4. HD MOVIE SOURCE

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

The real question is, do upscalers improve sound quality regardless of the equipment used?
  5. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Just wondering, about the DAC roll-off image. Which color is the roll-off for MQA? I've always wondered how the MQA filter rolls off. Thanks. EDIT: Just been reading some comments above about why the need for MQA-CDs. The reason for it is to introduce high-resolution music, in the cheapest way...
  6. HD MOVIE SOURCE

REW, What Do I Need To Do To Add A Harman Curve?

This is the curve the numbers in teh above post gave after loading the text file into REW. I must admit it sounds great.
  7. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Thank you. I downloaded a text file. 20 9.2 25 9.2 32 9.2 40 9.2 50 9.2 63 9.2 80 8.0 100 6.0 125 4.0 160 1.0 200 0.0 250 0.0 315 0.0 400 0.0 500 0.0 630 0.0 800 0.0 1000 0.0 1250 0.0 1600 0.0 2000 0.0 2500 0.0 3150 0.0 4000 -0.5 5000 -1.0 6300 -2.0 8000 -3.0 10000 -4.0 12500 -4.5 16000 -5.0...
  8. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Okay, know where I can find one to download Harmon Curve?
  9. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Hi, I'm in the EQ settings for REW. My target right now is flat, is it possible in this screen to change my target to an Harman curve? And how would I do this? Any feedback is welcome, and thank you.
  10. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Did you notice a sound quality increase switching from the Denon to the Trinnov? Denon's, generally measure well, so how does it sound? Smoother? Cleaner?
  11. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Do we think though, for the price and the money we should have better performance? Because to be fair, how close is the Denon x8500h in terms of processing performance at 3 times cheaper?
  12. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

Great post and video. Now the big question is... Does PS Audios Power Regenerators, the P15 or P20 PowerPlant have any impact? Because I believe that produces the absolute cleanest power you can get. You could say, where do we stop, but if the PS Audio P20 Powerplant has no effect then I'm...
  13. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Denon x6500h -- HDMI Sounds Better than Analog?

Yes, I have level-matched analog and digital connections. The optical and coaxial connections that somebody suggested -- On my setup, the HDMI sounds better than both optical and coaxial also. Also, I am using Pure Direct on the receiver for both digital and analog, and the HDMI also sounds...
  14. HD MOVIE SOURCE

Denon x6500h -- HDMI Sounds Better than Analog?

I honestly don't know. I'm getting the new Reavon 200 4K player soon, that has analog out, pretty good ones too, so I want to see how it sounds. Digital vs analog. It could be the receiver is doing a really poor job somehow, but I;m not sure.
Top Bottom