Recent content by Haze

1. H

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Worth saying DSD won't work below 100% windows audio and if you have the xmos driver installed it will just keep resetting it to 100%
  2. H

As I understand it the unrecognized device is only used for firmware updates and can be safely ignored.
  3. H

Is there actually any need to install the XMOS Driver in Windows 10? All it gets you is DSD Native right? I'm assuming there is no difference in audio quality?
  4. H

Okay I may be nuts but I swear the Thesycon Xmos drivers sound worse than the default Windows 10 drivers. Worse to the point I think they might be broken. The midrage is recessed, imaging is terrible and there is no instrument separation. I've done a few RMAA tests and the xmos drivers do test...
  5. H

Is there any way to test jitter using a pc line-in?

Hi I recently built and new gaming pc and I swear something is up. With my odac/o2 combo music is sounding very slightly "out of tune" kind of like an incredibly subtle wow effect. I'm also getting split second almost subliminal "glitches". I did an RMAA test but that was basically identical to...
  6. H

Ideal volume setting for an odac on Windows 10?

Hi I was just wondering what would you say the ideal volume settings is for an odac on Windows 10? JDS labs suggests slightly under 100% but how far under? 98? 96? 90? What is the ideal balance between overhead and dynamic range? (I'm currently using 96%) Thanks.
  7. H

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Any plans to review the Audioquest Beetle? There are surprisingly few reviews out there.
  8. H

JDS Atom alternative in Europe?

Just a quick bump before I lay down any money. Am I going to see any audible improvement in moving on from the odac and o2? The two things I'm considering are the tone board and the atom or the Topping DX3 Pro v2 as a neat all in one alternative.
  9. H

Any good one box solutions?
  10. H

Out stock at the moment but fingers crossed. Thanks!
  11. H

I was thinking about getting a JDS Atom and a Khadas tone board as an upgrade from my tried and true ODac+O2 combo unit. Unfortunately once you factor in around $40 for international shipping and very likely monstrous import tax the Atom loses much of its budget appeal. What are the...
  12. H

It isn't but it is unusual at this price point.
  13. H

Separate and original design, just the same case. One of the more interesting things about it is its complete lack of op-amps. To my ears is is VERY neutral sounding.
  14. H

I'd still love to see the Mayflower Arc reviews. To my ears they are greatly underrated but I'd love to see if my subjective experience is backed up by the facts!
  15. H

Any plans to test out the Mayflower Arc?
Top Bottom