Recent content by Hase

1. H

Canjam SoCal Headphone and Audio Show 2019 Part 2

That would be 7526 au (1 au = roughly the distance betwen the sun and the earth). That's somewhere inside the Oorth cloud. https://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA17046
  2. H

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Of course, but then I would not have the "best in class" system for stereo sound (Even though I'm well aware that there is no way in hell for me to tell the difference soundwise between the two system without active DSP).
  3. H

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

@Okto Research Can you install a NanoSHARC module inside the stereo version of the DAC8? I'm torn between the stereo and the DSP version. So either a "Stereo DSP" version or an option to install a NanoSHARC inside the Stereo version would solve this need.
  4. H

New SMSL M300

Judging from both of their online stores: hifi-express aliexpress It seems that they don't have stock in the USA. So maybe asking them to send you an unit would be the fastes.
  5. H

New SMSL M300

Uses an AK4497 and has balanced outputs. It cost around 250$ judging from a webshop. If it's measures like the SMSL SU-8 and doesn't have the ESS hump, it looks like a nice package.
  6. H

An adapter to connect elctrostatic amplifiers to audio measurment equiqment

Hi, The field of electrostatic headphones fascinates me greatly. A good Stax earspeaker system is always pretty high on my wishlist, but I have one problem with buying such a system: I can't judge the quality of the amplifiers. For the earspeaker itself there are quite a few measurements...
  7. H

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I don't know the exact reasoning why they included it in the first iteration. But when you reiterate a product because you want to fix other problems, you can also optimize the BOM and remove unneeded parts if they are not really needed for the quality of your product (in this case sound...
  8. H

The 100Mhz clock was attached to the MAX2 CPLD (kinda a FPGA in function). The MAX2 sits between the DAC chips and the USB interface (XMOS). I don't know the implementation details, but I think that the MAX2 CPLD takes the I2S data (stereo) from the XMOS and copies it at the same time to the DAC...
  9. H

Bought my SU-8 from amazon.de and received it today. Got shipped from a UK warehouse and it's also one of those "10th anniversary" versions. Also reports as firmware 1.3. So I think it's safe to assume that Amazon Europe ships the version 2 as of right now.
Top Bottom