Recent content by harrisonjr98

1. H

Stereo amps lacking HPF for mains in 2.1 setup… a big deal, or not?

It's surprising to me because I have to imagine there are a lot of primarily music listeners who don't feel a need for 5.1/7.1 setups (me) but like a sub filling in the low end and enabling a competent hybrid system for the occasional movie viewing. For this feature to be so common on AVRs and...
  2. H

I am tempted by the TA-1. I was hoping there would be something out there in the AB world specifically, but I can understand why there might be more crossover(heh) in the class D market segment with people looking for this feature.
  3. H

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Thanks! I will probably be high passing the speakers around 80-100 Hz and sending the rest to a sub anyway.
  4. H

This is cross-posted in the review thread for this amp. I am new here, if that is not kosher please let me know and I’ll remove one of them. So I got an unbelievable steal on a Yammy A-S701 ($350, mint used) and I love the industrial design and performance measurements. In the AVR world I have...
  5. H

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

So I got an unbelievable steal on one of these ($350, mint used) and I love the industrial design and performance measurements. In the AVR world I have been in for years, even the most exciting new gear feels disposable as the video tech advances so fast. I *love* the idea of a classic...
  6. H

That's what I suspect, I'm mostly interested in clarifying the "compatible" language - if it means in Wharfedale-speak "a-okay to use with an amp not rated for 4 ohms," what is the difference between its 4 ohm rating and the 4 ohm rating of countless other speakers from the last half century? I...
  7. H

Pardon me if this has already been discussed elsewhere in the thread. Wharfedale’s website lists the impedance as “8 ohm compatible” but with a minimum of 4 ohm. What does this mean in practice- specifically the “compatible” language? Would it be inadvisable to use these with a cheap AVR (Yamaha...
  8. H

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Did this whole thing ever get resolved? I am looking at this interface but bad line level performance with 1/4" going into the front would be a dealbreaker for my use case.
  9. H

But they're controlled by the "monitor" knob which attenuates the signal (or, at the very least, is in the signal path even if maxed) as opposed to the line outs which are constant line level, no?
  10. H

Ah man I was hoping it would work with the line outs but that makes sense. I was hoping not to use the monitor outs to the JDS, to remove that unneeded attenuation knob from the signal chain.
  11. H

Did you ever figure this out? I am wondering the same. I have a fairly messy setup right now - Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen for mic inputs but not using any of the outputs, and then a JDS Atom stack for all outputs - headphones and monitor. I would love to just get an M4 and use the line out from the...
  12. H

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface Gen 3 Review

I am trying to use the 2i2 as a dac to go out to a JDS Atom, and attempting to understand why one would go the route this commenter suggested instead of just running out of the monitor outs with the knob on the front dimed (presumably that would be line level.)
  13. H

Input sensitivity question

Thank you so much @restorer-john! Appreciate the layman's explanation. So the PC input with the 600 mV sensitivity will be the "louder" of the two then? (I guess that makes sense, Edifier assuming that most PC mobo dac/amps aren't the loudest in the world.) Probably a dumb question, but I...
  14. H

Input sensitivity question

Hello all. I had to downsize my home theater gear when moving into a new place, and scored a set of Edifier S350DB on Facebook marketplace dirt cheap. Nothing super special, but they get the job done and I don't have to worry about my roommates trashing my nicer gear. I am hoping to use the two...
Top Bottom