Recent content by Hammer

1. H

HQplayer - do I need it?

Hi, just saw the video review of the Chord MScaler and I think HQPlayer does the same job (and then some) except using a PC. I’ve used HQPlayer for years and have found it to hugely improve the sound of my system. My chain is flac files via Roon to HQPlayer which does convolution using REW...
  2. H

Ultra high end speaker manufacturers that rely heavily on measurements?

Has anyone done any independent measurements of YG speakers? I know they are touted as measuring very flat and when I looked into purchasing a Devialet system, the correction profile for their Sonja 1.3 was very flat meaning not much, if any, correction was needed. Would one consider that as...
  3. H

EquiTech 1.5RQ Balanced Power Review

Hi, found this posting/review and read it with great interest because I own an Equitech 7.5Q (I’m in the US and this unit takes 240V and converts it to 120V) and use it with my Bryston amps and have always thought the unit made a positive impact on the overall quality of my system. After...
  4. H

MIT music interface technologies (Snake Oil)?

Hi, was going to post a request to measure MIT cables and found this thread. I was also a non believer of MIT cables until I tried them in my system, and despite their high cost, I eventually upgraded all my cables to MIT. Has there been any measurements done on ASR on them? Would love to see...
  5. H

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Hi, just if anyone’s using HQPlayer with the Topping D90 MQA with the latest firmware 1.24, seems using Default DAC bits In HQPlayer Settings produces and error. If I set to 32 bits, then it works fine...
  6. H

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Hi, received my D90 MQA and enjoying it immensely. I want to see if I can use the I2S input as that was one of my reasons for purchasing the unit. I had previously thought I can use my Pi4 I2S output as input for the DAC, but that appears to be not correct. Therefore, I googled what else I...
Top Bottom