Recent content by HAL9000

1. HAL9000

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

In the case of USB, we're also ignoring that many USB DACs are bus powered (like Topping D10) , meaning that the cable's physical characteristics, such as conductor size and material affects how much power it can draw. What do you suppose can happen in the moment when a D10 doesn't receive...
  2. HAL9000

When all the problems that can reasonably be fixed have been fixed, then the OPA1612 sounds better in standard 3-opamp output stage of the DAC. You may still have a lot of work somewhere in your signal chain to do getting the dac to sound better. Also all depends on the good USB cable (this may...
  3. HAL9000

Perheps everything in front of the DAC. We can measure differences in DAC marketing. Like audio zealots…But It is utterly irrelevant how any element of the audio chain behaves, good or bad, when there are a few zeros in front of the measurement. For example, if a good speaker delivers a whopping...
  4. HAL9000

The ultimate DIYer is the one who thinks what he wants, writes what he wants, does what he wants, and don't care what others want:cool:
  5. HAL9000

OPA1612 is less sensitive to RF then LME49720 - such as 2GHz from DECT phone base stations and wifi . If OPA1612 doesn't sound good, then there is a problem somewhere before analog stage in DAC. When that opamp sounds perfectly right, you will know you have a killer dac. Ende…
  6. HAL9000

If this is a real D10 schematic - the OPA1612AID opamps would be more suitable for both I / V and differential summing positions. You will probably get lower distortion and will adversely affect dac sound quality. Using OPA1612 that are more tolerant of RF is a good start. And they can supply a...
  7. HAL9000

all you need is pair of line xformers , which you'll get as geschenk everything after DAC is just disconnected nd xformers are ditto after in fact - you'll probably be surprised with bass , comparing to classic discrete solutions of I/V
  8. HAL9000

Two dual power supplies, two dual ES9038PRO DAC, two dual discrete I/V stages. Filter bandwidth adjusment. Filter Shape adjustment (Fast Roll-Off Linear or Minimum Phase or Hybrid) . THD compensation adjustment. Digital volume, Noise Dither ON-OFF, De-emphasis selector, Jitter Elimation...
  9. HAL9000

I will not read anything here anymore .... goodbye brainy.
  10. HAL9000

The proof is in the pie. This is the same as if someone said the chip amp is better than discrete MOSFET amplifier in class A. No one can prove that the opamp is better. Measurements are the same. But the ears hear differently.
  11. HAL9000

The analog output stage of a DAC is a critical element in the DAC's And directly determine the sonic success of the DAC. I've listened D10 , D30, D50 , D70.... They are all very similar. And in a price range of $ 100- $ 900, everything is very similar. Similar chips, output opamps...
  12. HAL9000

I think he use spdif hole for linear psu cable ....
  13. HAL9000

Can you show where you exactly mod DAC in the picture. How you powering VCCA ( 3v ) & Buffer ( 8v ) Thanks in advance:)
  14. HAL9000

Or we can use a Lundahl transformer to do the I/V conversion. Look https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/302687-es9018k2m-es9028q2m-9038q2m-dsd-i2s-dac-hats-raspberry-pi-11.html#post5358008
Top Bottom