Recent content by GXAlan

1. G

Vocals in a av receiver

The center channel is responsible for vocals, so things like crosstalk may affect intelligibility or even intermodulation distortion. If the vocals are weak, your best bet is to change your speaker. Something like the JBL 3 or 7 series is a great option to bypass the amp if you have pre-outs...
  2. G

Speaker "Speed"

I don’t know anyone who talks about speed is arguing the frequency response or the speed of sound in air is different. It’s actually easier to think about headphones. Open air headphones can seem to have a different sound than closed ear headphones...
  3. G

Floor stand for Kali LP-6 v2?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu_Tack is actually a better option than a mouse pad.
  4. G

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Thank you for sharing. I hope you get better soon! This is good advice to heed!
  5. G

Marantz Cinema 30

Do you have all eARC/HDMI CEC stuff enabled? Auto lip sync *should* avoid these issues. Is the video lagging behind the sound or is the sound lagging behind the video?
  6. G

Floor stand for Kali LP-6 v2?

Yup. If you are worried, many homeowners/renters insurance can provide scheduled coverage for items like this. In terms of speaker stands, I have used these with the Meyer Sound Amie’s. I know exactly what you mean about worrying about being top heavy. These stands can be weighted down with...
  7. G

JBL Array 880 Review (Center Speaker)

Probably. There is a quote from Greg Timbers comparing the very expensive 4365 and 4367. https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?37662-JBL-4367-first-listen&p=386898&viewfull=1#post386898 “The design goal of the 4367 was to equal or surpass the performance of the 4365 in a...
  8. G

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

The second sentence is accurate, there was no actual malice and freedom of press is very paramount. On the other hand, the complexities of the case are worth reading since Bose won before losing at the Supreme Court. The thing that is missed in most modern discussions is this [Bose] “points...
  9. G

Marantz Cinema 30

The 107 dB SINAD is a DAC output from the Cinema 30 versus the 5W in ~4 ohm amplifier output I was showing with the PM-11s2. That’s better than the Amp10’s 95 dB SINAD for 5W into 4…
  10. G

Marantz Cinema 30

Are you sure? PM-11s2 5W SINAD
  11. G

Ultimate HiQuality CD plus K2 HD Pro Mastering Anyone?

It’s tricky. K2 is the jitter reduction tech. XRCD is label that CDs mastered using the K2 process were called. https://www.jvckenwood.com/en/technology/k2.html The only K2 DACs I know of are the Reimyo stuff and the vintage JVC AVRs, with the THX Ultra models being the flagship. (RX-DP10/15/20).
  12. G

Ultimate HiQuality CD plus K2 HD Pro Mastering Anyone?

Bolded because this is one of the reasons why XRCD32 is different. An XRCD CD might have the same original DIGITAL source (at the recording/final master level) but XRCD has its own different algorithm for dithering and noise-shaping down to 16/44. Different doesn't always equal better -- but...
  13. G

Purifi based car amp: Brax by Audiotec Fischer

Audiotec Fisher is great. One of the reps is here @Dumdum (but as a hobbyist as opposed to a company rep). The drop-in replacement for the BMW Hi-Fi system with DSP was able to do very well in this blind test*. Post in thread 'Monaural Speaker Recordings - Blind Testing Six Speakers for Fun'...
  14. G

Paid reviewers

Consumer Reports employs a team of reviewers who are paid. They are impartial* * in the present day with all of their standards for conflicts of interest, etc. They can be biased and they can have opinions that differ from mine, but the reviewers can make a honest living by being paid.
Top Bottom