Recent content by gumblag

1. G

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

"Distortion" answered Pete Townsend to the question what property he would consider to be the most important of a guitar amplifier. Synths have options to create and distort sound as well as add noise to the generated sounds as well. I just mean to say sometimes noise and/or distorion is...
  2. G

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

In the mean time I was able to try the WIIM Home app on the Arilyc S Pro Plus and it turns out that the Arilyc S Pro Plus is fully controllable withe WIIM Home app for the WIIM Pro Plus.
  3. G

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Well I bought two WIIM Pro Plus, one for my son and one for me. I noticed that the 'WIIM Home' software looks and feels the same as 'Streamer 4' the software for the Arylic S Pro Plus. In the software for the Arylic I could see what was playing and how the properties were setup in the WIIM Pro...
  4. G

Video attempting to show benefit of audio network switches

Just "Another one bites the dust" case. I watch his videos but never take them very seriously; it's a kind of entertainment to see someone babling about high-end in an atempt to display his expertise, but needing the confirmation so badly by the moderated comments which leaves a praise for...
  5. G

Video attempting to show benefit of audio network switches

Thank you Amir. I watched the video and since I have no electro-technical background I suspected that measurements were out of the scope of audibility, though. But I was not sure and than again I lack the techinical knowledge to comprehend and/or to explain things in the electronic domain. So...
  6. G

Toslink switch and TosLink/Coaxial SPDIF converter - Review and measurements

Your review came in handy: I had to figure out how to digitally connect my RME Fireface UCX II to my KEF LSX, which I just bought a week ago. The KEF uses Toslink SPDIF-in and I need the coaxial SPDIF-out of the RME Fireface UCX II to connect the KEF LSX to. So I got me the Toslink/Coaxial...
  7. G

Best way to deal with a highly asymmetrical room?

I got two HiFi systems, one in the living room, far field, and one om my desk, near field, for my computer. The desk is in the same space as the HiFi of the living room, be it in a different location against the same wall as the far field system but five meters away from it. The near field...
  8. G

DIRAC or other DSP correction software for outdoor speakers?

If you think you really need EQ to adjust your system to your liking and your system does not provide EQ of its own, Dirac live might come in handy. You'll need a seperate preamplifier (=The Wiim Pro) and a seperate amplifier. Amir tested the balanced version of the Mini DSP Flex...
  9. G

Best way to deal with a highly asymmetrical room?

I would move into your new home first. Set up your equipement and listen, move the devices around until you find the sweetspot(s). Then decide whether treatment is needed and what kind of treatment you would like. I would get information about any acoustical problems in the room first, using my...
  10. G

I'm Dutch. In the Netherlands they call this kind of connector, apart of the kind of signal which goes through it, also a 'tulp connector' literally translated into English "tulip connector'. A tulip is a flower as you might know, something one can see so I would suggest 'tulip connector' for...
  11. G

I would suggest to call the connector a 'cinch connector' instead of a RCA connector, when dealing with digital signals and maintain 'RCA connector' when analog signals are at play.
  12. G

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

I guess it was the AU 317 and TU 317? Anyways, I loved the setup and it played for decades!
  13. G

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

You're right Amir. I started my HiFi "journey" with a Sansui AU 719 and TU 719 and AR 14 speakers. The Sansui set looked very "pro" with its, detachable (!), rackmounts. The set played for over 20 years. I bougt the set in 1980.
  14. G

KEF speakers close to the wall

Ofcourse it's all a matter of personal taste. Did you 'treat the room" as I suggested and then tested, or did you just test the setups in the room as is in the picture? Also searching this website will give you some results. But then again you're the one who has to like the setup. You don't...
  15. G

KEF speakers close to the wall

I would, if I were you, put the speakers on some sound isolation (pads) to dampen the resonance of and sound colouring by the furniture they're placed on. Very effective I find the sound isolation solutions from Iso Accoustics, I use Iso Acoustics stands myself to separate my monitors from the...
Top Bottom