Recent content by goldark

1. G

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I have these running in a bedroom off a Yamaha stereo receiver. I'm pretty close to them and don't blast the volume so the amp works fine in this application. However, in Erin's review, he says don't use an AVR (implying you need a separate power amp). Has anyone run these in a home theater...
  2. G

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

I prefer the LS50 Meta and its coaxial driver for near-field at my desk (which is the application where I have them), but everything else, I prefer the LX, which sounds as big as the Revel F206. The imaging is very holographic - big, wide, and deep. Tonally, all 3 are pretty neutral so not much...
  3. G

My Sierra LX pair came in. In summary, they sound incredible. Not sure if I can add much to the numerous reports in this thread. Here is a photo with 2 other forum favorites, the KEF LS50 Meta and the Revel F206. Not pictured are a couple more ASR budget darlings that I also own, the Elac...
  4. G

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

These are my bedroom speakers and they just sound right. I dialed in a room curve with a big sub-bass boost that gradually lowers to neutral as you enter the lower mids. Sounds great for bass heavy tracks with its deep clean bass performance. You might not need any more speaker than this, to be...
  5. G

I just put in my order for the LX. For anyone who wants magnetic grills for their speakers, all you have to do is email Dave and he'll take care of it.
  6. G

You guys are a bad influence. Putting up my Sierra 2 EX v2 's up for sale (check the ASR classifieds) in order to purchase an LX pair soon once magnetic grills are more readily available. I still plan to upgrade to the ELX towers at some point. At that time, I'll move the LX to surrounds. I'd...
  7. G

SOLD: Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2-EX v2 (left, center, right) speakers

Up for sale is the Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2EX v2 left/center/right speakers in Satin Espresso finish. These were originally purchased as Sierra 2's by me. I have since purchased the upgrade kit and manually converted them to Sierra 2EX v2's. As such, they will come shipped in the original...
  8. G

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Not to be terse...but so what? A business exists to make profits and if advertising your product was optimized using a state-of-the-art speaker measurement system to help boost your business...what is wrong with that? Should a business owner try to decrease their potential sales then to appease...
  9. G

I'm no marketing guru, but I guess I don't see any downside to advertising that your product is NFS optimized? At best, it's a great selling point for measurement nerds like us. At worst, you don't care about measurements so are your feelings hurt that it's even mentioned on the website that...
  10. G

There is a customer gallery on the website which hopefully helps with this https://ascendacoustics.com/pages/customer-gallery
  11. G

One notable benefit that Ascend offers is they sell upgrade kits for owners who've had previous Ascend speakers but wish to upgrade to the newer NFS optimized versions. I had the original Sierra 2 and have since upgraded them to the Sierra 2 EX v2, essentially keeping the cabinet and RAAL...
  12. G

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Thanks, I put in an order for 2 of them.
  13. G

Thank you, sir! Are there any measurements available for it?
  14. G

Hello all, finally upgraded to a phone without a headphone jack so in need of a USB-C dongle. I tried to find this model on AliExpress but it was a little confusing as to which model was the same as this one. Can anyone point me to a link to purchase this? Thanks ahead of time!
Top Bottom