Recent content by gino1961

1. G

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Thanks a lot again I will search for the relevant post in the thread for sure For now it is just an idea because i feel bad about disposing this marvel of a unit. Kind regards, gino
  2. G

Hi thank you very much indeed for your very helpful advice. Then it is done I will use it as a line stage only (my very and only obsession) with a much smaller cap at the output like 10uF and put the board in a new bigger enclosure I also think to use a stepped attenuator in place of the...
  3. G

Douk HiFi 6N3 Vacuum Tube Preamp Review

Hi thank you very much indeed for your kind and valuable reply I read somewhere that even order distortion can be nice not so odd order one And i know of many well received preamps using fets (like Conrad Johnson for instance but also the old Mark Levinson)... maybe this could be the best...
  4. G

hi what about starting a separate thread on "before 2012 serial no. L30 rescue project" ? i feel very bad about disposing it Maybe the dc leaking issue could be solved with a dc blocking cap at the output ? i have no clue about how to solve instead the ESD issue Or just using one part of...
  5. G

Douk HiFi 6N3 Vacuum Tube Preamp Review

Hi if to get a good amount of 2nd order distortion is the goal there could be a much easier way to obtain it. I am not an expert in electronics but a one bjt single ended no feedback line preamp shoud provide a distortion spectrum very similar to this one under review. I mean should...
  6. G

hi i will check with amazon but I don't have much hopes Yes it was new thanks a lot gino
  7. G

hi i would sincerely thank you all kind Guys for the very valuable advice I just bought an updated one The seller promises to send a serial 2012xxxxxx or above unit I already bought an upgraded mains transformer that I intend to use I want to use it mainly as line stage I was shocked by its...
  8. G

Hi thank you very much indeed. As i understand there are still old units sold do i have to look for serial no. 2012xxxxxx and above ?
  9. G

hi i am attaching the serial no. of my unit I read through the thread but i got lost I need some kind advice 1) is there any doable fix that could prevent any damage to the unit ? like replacing for instance the case with a non metallic one ? or using a plastic pot ? 2) in the use as line...
  10. G

What cables do you use in your systems?

Thank you very much for your kind and valuable reply. But it seems to me weird to look for speaker cables with the section of a water hose that end in a hair thick voice coil. By the way i followed some DIY discussions about replacing headphones cords. In some they are very very thin. There...
  11. G

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

https://www.stereophile.com/content/quad-esl-63-loudspeaker-measurements not perfect SWs i agree but quite like-looking ... i guess taken by a microphone with signals travelling through the air
  12. G

What cables do you use in your systems?

Speaking of cables for speakers i can't help but notice how thin a woofer's voice coil wire "normally" is. :oops: (i understand that some high end woofers have quite thicker coils). I don't have a precise datum of its gauge and length but if we talk about possible bottleneck for the current...
  13. G

Thanks. But measure what ? i said listening because it is in the end what we do. Issues in bad digital recordings are very evident. I wonder if they listen carefully to what they produce. They have multimillion equipment ... what are they doing ...
  14. G

Hi i think you are very right. It could be a result of overprocessing used for producing digital masters. There is a very simple way to check that ... to make a decent digital copy of a high quality analog tape and compare the original to the copy on a high revealing system. If the copy...
Top Bottom