Recent content by gino1961

1. G

Line preamps using battery power supply _ any experience ?

hi thanks a lot for the very valuable reply As i said i was shocked by the noise graphs in the paper Some types of batteries added no noise to that of the analyzer :oops: for sure very quiet power supplies can be built using electricity from the grid and batteries are big heavy and...
  2. G

Line preamps using battery power supply _ any experience ?

Hi to Everyone When low noise is a much wanted requirement batteries can help for sure Do you have any experience of line preamps powered by batteries ? in the high end sector i know of some Jeff Ropwland Design Group units Very very nice but also expensive I live in a place where the grid...
  3. G

Shield SMSL SU-1 Powersupply (Nvidia Shield?)

If the su-1 is used I don't think it reclocks the signal internally I have another pro DAC that indeed reclocks the incoming digital feed The sound is very similar using any digital inputs
  4. G

Behringer Truth B2031A - how truthful is it? (review / modding)

Hi may I ask why an amp with pre outs instead of a preamp?
  5. G

About design philosophy _ are minimalists right or not ?

Hi thank you for the very interesting reply I like a lot this kind of aesthetic Very like industrial but attractive design Even if the best way to listen music is in complete darkness I understand that today extremely high power MOSFET are available Like 300w MOSFET Maybe a different...
  6. G

Hi wow this is electronic art at its best Just to be clear I admire deeply this type of units that could end the game To be perfectly honest I like a little more the two boxes solution with the Power supply separated from the amplification circuits But this is a complete control unit Very nice...
  7. G

Hi thanks a lot I am attaching the circuit i simulated It is just a gain block The recommended Vsupply is +60VDC but also with +48VDC the distortion spectrum of a 1kHz sine was very satisfying with a 2nd order harmonic at -90dB I used other bjts because i did not find the models of the...
  8. G

hi thanks a lot for the kind suggestion Did you enjoy its sound ? still using these days ? was the heat so high ? i have seen the old Pass Aleph 1 and i am surprised to see no ventilation holes in the box I am sure that with some big holes in the bottom and on top the temperature could...
  9. G

hi congratulations for your spectacular system this is the approach i love at least for speakers They are really really nice indeed Have you ever tried a solid state amplification with it ? for sure these speakers must be exceptionally revealing of any issue with the amplification i...
  10. G

hi thank you very much for this very helpful link I think i will try this for sure Considering the small power consumption and the low voltage a power supply based on batteries could be a very interesting option I am using small portable headphone amps powered by a battery to watch the TV...
  11. G

Clearly you are very right But being ignorant i am scared by complexity even if it amazes me All those parts on a board sometimes seem a work of electronics art I think that simulation softwares like LTSpice (that i understand is quite popular) are a very handy and powerful tool to get an...
  12. G

i see perfectly your point complex tasks require complex solutions Fine question is designing a line stage a complex task ?
  13. G

I think that all started reading this 1994 paper by Mr Nelson Pass https://www.passdiy.com/project/preamplifiers/bride-of-zen then i developed the feeling that slightly more complex circuits could even improve on the already very decent THD, the PSRR and lower the Zout of the BOZ project to...
  14. G

Hi almost zero education I have no hopes to design something from the scratch My approach is quite trivial I read many reviews of TOTL preamps When i find a consensus about a commercial unit i look for its schematic I skip the tone control section entirely and i focus the volume control and...
  15. G

Hi thank you very much I know very well the Bride of Zen design having had one years ago I remember it sounded fine Power supply needed some attention but nothing impossible Also the gain was a little too much for my needs making the volume control not easy like the a little high Zout around...
Top Bottom