Recent content by georgeT

1. G

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

2.1 through my PC's integrated soundboard, because it's the year 2024 and a 5.1 DAC costs more than my entire setup.
  2. G

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

nozzle is too short, it keeps falling out of my ears no matter what tips I use. Got the zero reds... nozzle to long. If you're in the market for iems don't look at graphs, look at nozzle length and diameter.
  3. G

Nice Talk with Paul Barton of PSB Speakers

I use speakers in mono because I listen to speakers not music.
  4. G

What do you want to see from Topping..?

6 channel USB DAC with or without DSP and a 2x50w into 8ohms amp.
  5. G

Did Cocaine really make records sound over bright with Treble?

Cocaine is a strong vasoconstrictor and will impair blood flow to the ears. High frequency sensitivity will be more affected by this.
  6. G

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

The brightness is too much for me (nearfield use) so I also add a -12db High shelf @80hz together with a 2nd order high pass @53Hz. This somewhat allows me to blend them with a 12" sub flat which is flat from 25Hz to 80Hz.
  7. G

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

I don't care what the opinions of their podcasters are, I just stay away from music streaming platforms that have podcasts. Podcasts are trash (Rogan's more so) and deserve their own trash platforms.
  8. G

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

You'd think this claim would have been addressed on this site already. Oh wait, it has been:
  9. G

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Your reference is a person who just happens to sell equipment marketed as having low phase distortion. At no point did you or him reference a study backing the claims on the audabilty of phase distortion at high frequencies.
  10. G

What is a nice tea to drink?

Main thing you should look for is loose leaf tea. As iMickey503 said, definitely try some chinese teas, raw pu errh is the best tea I've tasted.
  11. G

Male vocals

Dir en grey - Ranunculus
  12. G

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Preamp? Do people actually? Even our buddy Paul says you don't need one
  13. G

digital crossover with Focusrite Saphire Pro 24

In my quest for a multichannel DAC to use for digital crossover for a 3.1 system (L,R,C,SUB) I came across this interface. It's currently going for around 140 euros used. These are the specs: Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6) • 6 Electronically Balanced Outputs • Maximum Output Level...
  14. G

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I had the same worries before I bought my Aeropress but looks like it's safe "Polypropylene is a nonpolar, chemically inert material"
  15. G

Wharfedale Diamond 220 Budget Speaker Review

There's horrible chuffing from the port on my pair that rendered them useless for near field, which is my use case. It's probably form the port not being flared on both sides. I never got around to fixing them now I use them as stands for my KEf 350s.
Top Bottom