Recent content by GentleEars

1. G

Power Amp for Tannoy Precision 6.2 (Teac AP-505?)

Take a look at PA-S125NC from audiophonics.fr with the same Hypex Ncore module. They also have an RCA version, as well as a more powerful 252 version. I bought the latter with XLR connection, and am very happy with it. I lived in Japan too until a few years ago. Now in Singapore.
  2. G

RASPDIGI LTE LVDS V2 Streamer I2S LVDS HDMI Allo Kali Reclocker

gvl, I think you're right. Here's the list of sampling rate displayed on DX7 Pro's LCD with different devices feeding its USB port. 44.1kHz: Windows 10 PC of recent vintage with all updates applied, playing Spotify. 48kHz: Raspberry Pi 4 running latest Raspbian Lite with raspotify to emulate...
  3. G

Having written the above, I realize Spotify content is either 44.1KHz or 48Khz, so it's natural DX7 Pro reported 48KHz while decoding a song. FYI, I'm setting Spotify to stream at 320kbps. Maybe, my "perceptual difference" is just that. I will try a Tidal trial and UAPP to see if my perceived...
  4. G

Hi sev1, Yes, I've been wondering why the USB output of my Samsung Galaxy S9 is perceptually inferior to that of my Windows 10 PC. I run the Spotify on the phone feeding the USB port of my DAC via an OTG adapter and a regular USB cable (that came in the box with DX7 Pro), and control it from...
  5. G

Thanks for leveling my head. I will start with a simple RPi 4/USB solution. That will save me money, without narrowing my options. Having said that, I would still like to hear reasoned arguments for reclocked, USB or I2S solutions.
  6. G

So you're saying that, DX7 Pro's asynchronous clock recovery on USB input should be good enough that there is little point on reclocking the input on the streamer's side (a la Allo USBridge Signature)? Use Pi4 to get separate bus for Ethernet and USB, just in case? How about a power supply...
  7. G

Do you mean the thread titled "Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?"
  8. G

I am not sure of the actual result, but I2S seems a less convoluted way to transport the data to a DAC stage.
  9. G

I'm not sure how to answer your question. RAPDIGI is a transport of DSD data over HDMI, and does not include a DAC stage.
  10. G

I am currently using an old laptop to send music over USB, but its fan is loud, and I am looking for a replacement. I tried my Samsung Galaxy S9 with a USB cable, but sound quality is not as good. I can go for Allo USBridge Signature, but I2S interface is theoretically superior, and I want to...
  11. G

I came across an I2S interfaced streamer called RASPDIGI V2 Streamer I2S (linked) at Audiophonics.fr, while searching for an optimal way to stream music to my TOPPING DX7 Pro. It is a combination of Raspberry Pi 3 B+, Allo Kali reclocker, and a I2S to HDMI transport of unidentified manufacture...
  12. G

NCORE MP Build using Ghentaudio Kit.

Thanks for the reassuring info. I have already purchased DX7 Pro, so yes, I understand fully what you mean about the levels of adjustment.
  13. G

Congratulations on putting this together. I have been meaning to order either of the NC122MP or the NC252MP boards, but have lost sight of any source on eBay to order them from. Can you please share how you got yours? Also, where did you end up putting your volume dial on DX7 Pro for normal...
  14. G

Thanks. I have the same concern you did about having the "play" in my volume dial. I understand DX7 Pro has 99 levels in its volume control. Where do you find yourself tuning your volume at? I also don't play loud. My room is not big and my listening distance is about 10 feet, or slightly less...
  15. G

Can someone help me choose between NC122MP and NC252MP? My present set of speakers are a pair of B&W 685 S1, which is specified: - Nominal impedance 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω) - Crossover frequency 4kHz - Recommended amplifier power 25 - 100W into 7Ω on unclipped programme For source, I'm planning to...
Top Bottom