Recent content by Geertidow

1. G

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I second that, happy to contribute something
  2. G

What is the point of CD rips?

For me it's just emotion, I like having CD's and supporting bands. That's why I buy bandcamp albums of smaller artists I like. I hear no difference between releases (not enough to matter anyway). I have ripped my cds and stored them, accessible through LMS. There are 0 reasons to use this...
  3. G

Using only 1 driver of a 2 x 10" push/pull (enclosed) subwoofer, technical explanation?

I'm considering replacing the drivers with actual subwoofer drivers and leave the sub connected in the original way. With an internal volume of 65L, any suggestions for ideal drivers?
  4. G

Is this as good as it gets?

I would highly recommend to first time allign your subs and then do the dsp. You'll thank me later
  5. G

Is this as good as it gets?

Regarding your original post: you have endgame material, you can always go better but there is so much more to be done with equalizing. So my advice would be to spend time and not money. Just for my understanding: 1. Did you time allign your subwoofers properly? There's an easy way with DIRAC...
  6. G

Using DSP in Roon with 2.1 setup, what device?

I don't think it makes any audible difference, since it's all digital.
  7. G

Using DSP in Roon with 2.1 setup, what device?

I ended up ditching Roon for LMS with the material skin. All the same features without the high costs. DSP through the MiniDSP flex (2.1) and downstairs with the WiiM Pro. I end up knowing that 5 eur/usd is kind of the max for a software subscription for me.
  8. G

Focal Chora 816 Speaker Review

After a year I still really really like them.
  9. G

Is the DAC of the bluesound node 2 so bad you can hear it?

Well, yeah although I'd say yes to this many a time when it would come to cables, proper measuring dacs, proper meausing amps etc. I'm actually barely able to tell the difference between mp3 and lossless (very inconvenient since I have a lot of cds). But yeah sure I'm aware, but have a...
  10. G

Is the DAC of the bluesound node 2 so bad you can hear it?

Yep, but since I am way too lazy to do it properly, this is all I got
  11. G

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

You can say that there is not enough info to judge. What exactly broke in his device that he was (twice?) able to repair himself? Unlikely yes, impossible? We need more date.
  12. G

It's made from plastic so it doesn't heat too much
  13. G

Just sold my bluesound node 2 (rca out) and changed for the pro plus. Non-blinded ABX bla bla bla, but I seem to hear better sound (due to the terrible DAC in the Bluesound). The LMS functionality is wonderful. Still hoping to control it one day from the Wiim Home app (then I only need Tidal and...
  14. G

Your subjectivity of "Room" type of corrections

Dirac does the job better than I can. I think it is because dirac does more than peq alone.
Top Bottom