Recent content by gags11

1. G

Yamaha 5200 ever been tested by AudioScience

I don’t think so. But Audioholics did test it, you may know already. They compared it to 5100, and interestingly, it seemed 5100 performed better. here is the link. https://www.audioholics.com/av-preamp-processor-reviews/yamaha-cx-a5200-mx-a5200 would be nice to see these reviewed here
  2. G

How much power do you need?

Here is my McIntosh MC462 driving KEF R11s. This is loud rock. Does look like we need lots of power for content like this. ...and these are relatively efficient speakers.
  3. G

Review and Measurements of Mytek Brooklyn DAC

I really would like to see the DAC+ measured. We have measured so many DACs here, would be nice to add this to the list. please, please... let’s measure the DAC+
  4. G

Which component to upgrade next for improved sound quality

I certainly agree with you that speakers are a huge factor. I also know that room can be an even bigger factor, sometimes helping, but most times hurting. In my limited experience, in an average room, I’ve noticed suck outs at around 40hz, 90-110hz and 170-200hz. What specific room treatments...
  5. G

Most important channel and speakers in Home Theater

For newer formats like Dolby or DTS, I think dialog comes imbedded in the center channel only. It needs to be down mixed to get that from the fronts. This was my understanding. In addition, I have noticed that the center handles way more than just dialog. It handles significant amount of music...
  6. G

Most important channel and speakers in Home Theater

What’s most important for HT, center, fronts, or the rest? The reason I post this, I think center is by far the most important channel and speaker, imo. Would like to here opinions on this. if so, would love to see Amir measure and compile some center channel measurements.
  7. G

AirPlay1 and AirPlay2 vs direct HDMI input measurements

thank you, now it makes sense, it’s a timing delay .
  8. G

AirPlay1 and AirPlay2 vs direct HDMI input measurements

A bit of background. I recently changed my sublime (to me) 2-channel active setup. Bought new speakers and amp. Now, I had my heavily moded Klipsch with ScanSpeak 12mu midrange, instead of the horn, and TAD / Pioneer beryllium ribbon tweeters, left to upgrade my theater mains. Long story short...
  9. G

Covid-19 and Vitamin D

A true drug or therapy would target a specific pathogen and kill it. Antibiotics are examples of this. Vitamin D and many other environmental influences can twist and affect the outcome in some way or other, yes, I can say that being healthy and eating healthy is a drug against COVID. Most with...
  10. G

Covid-19 and Vitamin D

At least in the US vitamin D is pushed hard. It is up to the practitioners to implement. Majority, as far as I know, do. We need more though. it’s a myth when some say sun is where you get vitamin D. For Thousands of years, humans and other animals lived and had enough of it. Even people living...
  11. G

RF Interference in Speaker Cables??? (video)

LOL... I have decided to be fully ignorant about cables. My fingers just navigate to Bluejeans cables website when I need anything (No affiliation whatsoever). Oh... for speaker cables, I usually order the Canare 4s11 locking banana. I hope someone will take this best advice in speaker cable...
  12. G

Covid-19 and Vitamin D

Matias, No one, I think is dismissing that vitamin D plays a very important role in immunity. I am an immunologist first and a physician after that, and have studied vitamin D well. In addition, I am married to someone who is involved in the development of vitamin D analogs for the treatment of...
  13. G

RF Interference in Speaker Cables??? (video)

Reading and watching this, brings back some naive audiophile memories back. I am a scientist and therefore believe in objective data and experiments. But in my early audiophiles days, I remember searching for these unobtanium speaker cables made of silver and who knows what. I actually believed...
  14. G

KEF R3, in this case R11 midrange flare vs frequency response

I apologize to create this new thread about this. There has been information and measurements that showed KEF R3 1.3Khz dip was caused by the plastic flare not being flush or pushed in to place. I just wanted to show how too much, may be not a good thing, even though he or she may disagree...
  15. G

Covid-19 and Vitamin D

I do not think the data is ignored. If it were, we wouldn’t have the studies that we have. Some of the studies have shown little or no difference. At best, the data may show some correlation, but not cause and effect. Sometimes when you want to look for a specific outcome, you may find it...
Top Bottom