Recent content by gafortiby

1. G

RSL iA255.1 Class D integrated amplifier discussion

You could have a ground loop issue if the USB (laptop?) is grounded differently.
  2. G

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Schiit offers a 4 channel EQ. $150 is not cheap but also not crazy expensive. https://www.schiit.com/products/loki-mini-3 I personally use a Behringer MINIFBQ FBQ800 9 channel EQ, retail $60 when I bought it but sadly it's been discontinued.
  3. G

My concern with stacking this design is the shape of the V3. The V3 is very deep and narrow. With the shape of V3, it is not possible to put more than 4 good knobs on the front plate and it is impossible to put multiple XLR connectors in the back. I think it is a good shape for 2.0 channel...
  4. G

Fosi Audio P3 Preamplifier & Headphone Amplifier Discussion

I bought the V3 on kickstarter but I’m not interested in buying the P3 because it has tubes. I would have bought one if it was solid state. Also I think Bluetooth belongs in a DAC rather than preamp. But I don’t really care since I wouldn’t have used Bluetooth anyway.
  5. G

in my case, none -- I turned the FOSI V3 (32V power supply) knob to 100% max. Then I was able to match the decibels with my RSL iA255.1 by turning the RSL to 60% of volume knob. I could not actually turn the RSL knob beyond ~80% because it would have blown out my speakers and my eardrums. Yes...
  6. G

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

it is indeed weird. my RSL iA255.1 with the 24v supply is crazy loud compared to the FOSI V3 (I have the 32v supply). I think it has to do with how the input sensitivity is setup.
  7. G

One more note : the iA255.1's HPF is not a full cutoff. It only reduces it by "12dB/octave." Flipping the HPF switch between "bypass" and "90Hz" makes an audible difference, but it does not fully cut 80Hz from reaching my bookshelf speakers. ALSO! flipping the HPF switch produces a loud pop on...
  8. G

I did a side by side comparison of FOSI V3 and RSL iA255.1. Sample of things I tried: John Williams conducting Jurassic Park. Happy by Pharrell Williams Come Together by The Beatles The only conclusion I reached was, my ears are not audiophile enough. :p Seriously though, I have no idea how...
  9. G

I bought a Fosi V3 and I like it, but then I also bought a RSL iA255.1 and the RSL actually has true preouts controlled via volume knob. Even has a HPF bypass switch. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rsl-ia255-1-class-d-integrated-amplifier-discussion.46256/#post-1656478
  10. G

The back of my Fosi V3 says 24~48V, and Looking at the manual 24V power is an officially supported option. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2251/7913/files/AMP_V3_User_Manual.pdf?v=1685087718
  11. G

I just found a nice video review here. This reviewer also mentions how the RSL has more "headroom" than the competition. No doubt he's hearing the same output decibel difference I heard. Going back to RSL's website it now says the iA255.1's input sensitivity is 185mV. I can't find the input...
  12. G

RSL updated their website to include more specs. So my observed volume difference (vs FOSI) must be due to how the preamp is configured on this unit, compared to the swappable op-amps in the FOSI V3. Type: Proprietary audiophile pre-amp stage, Class D output using MA12070 IC by Infineon S/N...
  13. G

I liked the V3 so much that I bought another Class D amp for a different room in my house. I intentionally picked a different company and product, RSL ia255.1, so that I can have a broader education. The RSL unit has lower RMS and a 24v power supply but the max volume is easily 30db higher. NOW...
  14. G

Quick first impressions. Everything works well and every feature is implemented as expected. Some notes and some comparison to my FOSI V3: The volume knob seems to be linear, not taper A. Still, it turns very smoothly and controls volume well. Oddly, my volume knob's axis is bent and turning...
  15. G

ah good point. I was really thinking more about the $100~$300 market. :) "Cheap" Class D.
Top Bottom