Recent content by Gabe33

1. Gabe33

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

These would work great for music mixing & mastering on the go . I know thr industry is against IEM's for music refference but i think a well tuned IEM has its place in the studio
  2. Gabe33

M-Audio BX5 D3 | Active Monitor | Measurements, Teardown & Subjective Impressions

This is how the Bx5 D3 measure in my semi treated room with -4db bass switch on , i know
  3. Gabe33

M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Review

I have a pair of these plus the smaller bx5's d3 , the bx8 are flatter with the -4db bass eq at the back , the midrange is scooped in the 2k region . My biggest issue with these pair of speakers is the bass , its not as fast & detailed for an 8 inch monitor , the bass on the bx5's is way too...
  4. Gabe33

M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Review

I own this & a pair of t7v's , these sound smoother than the T7V's , the adams sound brighter and abit plasticy (harsh) , but i prefer the bass of the T7V's in my room , its tighter and more accurate compared to the boomy BX8d3 , the m-audio are easy to calibrate with sonarworks but still dont...
  5. Gabe33

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

1. Genelec 8040 2. Neumann Kh 120 3. Mackie HR824 Mk1 4. M-Audio Bx8 D3 5. Adam T7v 6. MAudio Bx5 d2
  6. Gabe33

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I would really love to see the m-audio bx8 D3 reviewed, they are well specd budget monitors that can give the Yamaha HS8's & Adam T8Vs a run for their money
  7. Gabe33

M-Audio BX5 D3 | Active Monitor | Measurements, Teardown & Subjective Impressions

I own a pair of BX D2s , they have the same problem in the lower frequencies, this causes a sharp peak around 128hz in all of the rooms i measured them in , im glad m audio added a low frequency switch to compensate for that, it would have been great if they re-tuned the speaker completely. The...
  8. Gabe33

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

We never got to see distortion measurements for these . I am interested in KH120s though
  9. Gabe33

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Just submitted mine . Hope they get an accurate messurement, their recent headphone filters have been questionable . Oratory 1990 has a good filter on his site
  10. Gabe33

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

The frequency response is not bad all , you can fix that with like 2 eq filters , compared to the 6-8 filters you need for most refference headphones . Active headphones seem to be the go to for linear frequency response. The AKG N700 Nc is one of the flatest headphones out there . Too bad we...
  11. Gabe33

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

1. Adam T8V 2. Yamaha HS7 3. Adam T5V 4. Kali Audio LP-6 5. Monkey Banana Gibbon 5
Top Bottom