1. G

Qobuz lowers price

Yes new email
  2. G

Qobuz lowers price

Stuff them mate Tidal hi-fi via VPN (Argentina) costs stuff all
  3. G

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Those look really nice mate! It's just a case of the shipping a fair bit (probably) if posted outside of the US (unless it's on Amazon). No doubt it's better than the chinese one. That little tube amp looks the goods too, nice stack being the same width. The funny thin is the M-stage and iFi...
  4. G

Ordered the cable from eBay anyway, pretty neat solution with the 0.3m cable. Can always sell as a bundle down the track if upgrading
  5. G

Help me choose a pair of monitors (budget max €3500)

Those Neumann kh 310 look fancy, bet they'd sound good. My mate has the smaller ones on his desktop setup. I've got the Yamaha HS80M, can't say I've felt the need to upgrade. I've got them about a foot or less to the wall so plenty of bass, and sit a few metres back. Perhaps a sub is what you...
  6. G

Yes, have been looking at that exact one, Amazon claim end of March or April (delivered to Aus). I've found the same one on eBay which would be the end of the month ( from China). It's probably the most I'd want to spend and looks tidy, the iFi one is pretty excessive cost and still too long. Ta
  7. G

Hi guys, I'm still using the iFi Zen DAC (v1) with a Matrix M-stage headphone amp which pairs up nicely (but have a THX 789 coming, which has balanced inputs). Currently using some Tara Labs Prism 300i RCA cables. Is it worth getting a 4.4mm pentaconn to dual XLR balanced cable? I realise...
  8. G

Topping D10 VS D50S! Looking to upgrade to new speakers in the future, most probably something like 400W speakers with amp. In that case, D10 or D50?

Hi, I'm thinking about changing some of my PC as source desktop gear for more regular shaped components (and mild upgrade or different sound). Currently got an older matrix M-stage which packs a good punch, and an iFi Zen Dac. Some people have said the Zen Dac doesn't perform Welle, but...
  9. G

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Agree, I've had a pair of Yamaha hs80m for many years and are great for general music listening. Never felt the need to upgrade. Was feeding them from a DACmagic and CCA, now got an rme ADI-2 fs and rpi4, has cleaned up the sound a bit and the clarity is great. Desktop setup just using an iFi...
  10. G

Raspberry Pi USB : noisy?

Don't worry about Hank, never even heard of him, bit to be honest a lot of people in the hi-fi audio game like to over analyse things and create problems that don't exist. It's a fun field to be interested in but personally I'm probably more about the music enjoyment (maybe 60% music and 40%...
  11. G

Yes.. not worried either way, there's no real reason to buy the old raspberry pi unless maybe budget if you wanted to do it as cheap as possible.
  12. G

Yes show some scientific measurements comparing the pi 3 and 4. From all reports the pi 4 is better and has upgraded USB and power management. Any decent equipment it's connected to should work fine together and process the signal well. I'm still blown away by these raspberry pi setups and...
  13. G

That's good to know . I'm more than happy with this setup too, although using volumio (ver 3 is out now too)
  14. G

Unless you can hear a significant difference I wouldn't worry. Hard to usually tell any difference between optical and USB etc
  15. G

Thanks may look at doing this. I've got a Google TV but its has stuff all accessible storage for apps and would still need a hub to plug in hard drive with media on it. Probably bit pointless can plug HDD into the TV if I need to. The Plex app on Google TV would still be ok and or plug powered...
Top Bottom