Recent content by fzst

1. F

Marantz Cinema 30

Exaclty, and you pay for the one time calculation of these adjustements just like you would for a TV/Porjector calibration. The corerction of the parameters only get applied by the calibrator once but you'll see them everyday when you look at the TV. With Dirac it's the same is kinda like you...
  2. F

Marantz Cinema 30

Sorry your argument makes zero sense. You don't use the Dirac software one time to perform the room correction - you use it every time your receiver is powered on! The filters and phase corrections, which were applied, run all the time, that's what you are paying for not the experience while...
  3. F

Denon 2023 range X3900H/X4900H/X6800H announcement....!!??

That's what I thought as well... looking at the internals it looks pretty much exactly the same as the 4800...
  4. F

Now that the 6800h is out, do we know if there is actually anything different compared to the 4800h besides two extra channels and a slightly more beefed up PSU?
  5. F

I measured 10 subwoofers.

The SB2000 a big ugly box?:oops: Those things are tiny:p and they look pretty good if you got the gloss finish.
  6. F

So you currently have 3 x 1723 1S in use? Man I'm jealous, I still have only one:p Did you get the chance to do some A-B-comparisons between a 1961 and a 1723 and if so, did you hear a difference?
  7. F

True, the only site we have left is Audioholics... True, especially if you want multiple big subwoofers providing a huge amount of deep bass output. However, this case is a great example to show that this is not always wuite true. The driver @Nuyes used, costs around 400 bucks plus the crown...
  8. F

No, that's the threshold for hearing certain frequencies. It's the basis for things like Denon's Dynamic EQ, which boosts certain frequencies at lower volumes because the human hearing doesn't perceive all frequencies linearly so the deeper bass frequencies and highs have to be boosted at lower...
  9. F

I agree with that of course, it's always the best idea to buy a ported sub if you want to maximise output per dollar. A lot of us (including me) don't want one or more huge boxes in our rooms though (or prefer the sound of sealed subs) be it because of looks or because of the more flexible...
  10. F

Well of course but that's to be excpected since the Arendal is a huge box (compared to the Neumann) and it's a ported design, hence providing a big boost in lower bass. Furthermore it's only a10" driver compared to the 12" of the Arendal. So it' pretty obvious that it will murder the Newmann...
  11. F

I agree. The 1961 measures really well and it's time domain related measurements suggest a reason for why many say they sound better/tighter than their SVS counterpart. Would be really interesting to see if the 1723 models measure even better there since Arendal is saying that the 1723 models...
  12. F

@Nuyes wow thanks for your huge effort, it's very much appreciated! Very interesting data.
  13. F

I'm very cusious to see the inside of the 6800. Let's hope it's a substantial upgrade compared to the 4800...
Top Bottom