Recent content by FuzzTone

1. F

Spotify Streaming: Chrome Cast Audio > Volumio > Wiim Mini streamer; My experience

I've had no problems with LMS. No need to update ever in 3 years. Coax sounds much better than Toslink on my M50. All results are specific to the entire system. I've only had to use UPnP on free Volumio.
  2. F

Spotify Streaming: Chrome Cast Audio > Volumio > Wiim Mini streamer; My experience

The miniDSP comes with a custom version of Volumio that allows free Qobuz and Tidal like the Pro-Ject S2 Ultra does. Please Spotify and HiRes.
  3. F

Topping M50

It just doesn't look like a streamer. A poster on another forum claims that it is. With no credibility. But I see NO mention of any music services in SD-9 product literature. Maybe you CAN do it but I would not even try. And I have set up 6 different ones with no big problems. The lit states...
  4. F

Topping M50

I have no clue where you're at but they will ship the Mano Ultra to the USA for ~$850. That's the cheapest i2s out that I know of. Rob & Jos are a dream to work with. They ship fast via DHL I do not know why you mention the SD-9. It is NOT a streamer. It is the worst of both worlds. A player...
  5. F

Topping M50

For USB out a Ras Pi, Pro-Ject S2 Ultra or an Allo USBridge. For i2s a Magna Mano Ultra with built in LPS and choice of SPDIF.
  6. F

Topping M50

I have an Allo USBridge. It's just a Ras Pi in a custom case. Equivalent to my Raspberry Pi 3 in SQThe M50 might support 4TB SSDs but it will not pass enough power for any more than a 512 GB. But the card slot supports at least a 512 GB. It just loads slower than a SSD. What makes you think that...
  7. F

Topping M50

No. I got in late but not this late. The last one came from Best buy for $38. The M50 keeps playing when you leave with your phone, the way I like it.
  8. F

Topping M50

Apple never signed on to the Digital Alliance. That's all I meant. Enjoy.
  9. F

Topping M50

What a question! Too hard to disconnect your modem and try it first?
  10. F

Topping M50

Except for the fact that defeats its purpose. Why control it via network when you get that PLUS streaming with a $50 Raspberry Pi? Besides I abandoned DNLA years ago. Too much bother. SSDs via USB-A sound better to me. You are welcome to do things the hard way. Oh, that's right, you can't.
  11. F

Topping M50

Try it. Just unplug your modem. The only streamers that might work will have on-board controls. None of my six do. All control apps require networking which requires internet. Surprise.
  12. F

Topping M50

There is only one, count 'em, reason for buying the M50. To play local files without networking. All else is foolishness.
  13. F

Topping M50

You bought it for the wrong reason. Feel smarter now?
  14. F

Topping M50

Not the big elephant in the room, it requires a network. If your ISP goes down all hope is lost.
Top Bottom