Recent content by fundles

1. F

Most Cost Efficient Most Well Reviewed 2.1 Set Up w/ Separates

I think you are correct on some points about over spending on equipment. The problem is if I purchased the miniDSP 2X4HD, then I would still need to purchase a DAC and a transmitter. I could just buy a Flex for $475 that comes with everything integrated including equalizer. I am thinking of...
  2. F

I read this statement for the ToppingPA5 and assumed it would be the same for the lesser PA3: PA3s has RCA+TRS balanced inputs. When used with DX3 Pro+, the TRS balanced input can be used to input other audio sources. Hah. It was more about saving around $175 for a subwoofer that is enough...
  3. F

I was once told to never wake a sleeping baby. I think I will be safer with the SVS's 300W vs the Monolith's 500W. Sorry, I edited my response minutes afterwards when I found out about the Topping DX3 Pro+. It seems to be the most cost effective option since it will pair nicely with the...
  4. F

Is there an in-between for the Hypex and the Aiyima A07 in terms of price/performance? I found the Topping PA5 that costs $350. Seems better built for the voltage. Let me if I am not going to notice a difference when hooking up a Revel M105/M106 or a Kef Q950. So what is left is a DAC and...
  5. F

Both great recommendations!!! I did look at the miniDSP Flex, but I must have missed the BT capability of it. I will take your advice and replace my options with it. I have seen the SB-1000 on sale for $400, so that can save me some money also.
  6. F

I have learned so much reading through the Forums, and I feel it is time to get rid of my Kef LS50 Wireless IIs and start building a 2.1 system with a wider sound stage. I love a good price/performance product and here is what I am thinking about in terms of putting together a system made of...
Top Bottom