Recent content by fun

1. F

RSL 10E SUBWOOFER 299$ 300W RMS HOW?

Detailed specs and FR curve are out now. I assume it's a ported, not sealed sub right? I don't see it mention anywhere.
  2. F

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

I have the same uncomfortable feeling about the asymmetric center as well. I have a question about placement of such center speaker on its side. Does the tweeter need to be aligned with the MLP or it's ok for the middle of the speaker to be aligned with the MLP?
  3. F

What is it that makes the 598's sound so much better than every other headphones I've tried?

I used 598 for many years, and it sounds really good especially after EQ. That say, after acquiring the Ananda, I rarely listen to 598 anymore. I find the Ananda (EQ) to have better clarity, deeper bass, more precise imaging and larger sound stage. 598 is smoother, so may sound better for...
  4. F

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Noticed a slight dent in the woofer of one of my R3. In the process of exchanging it. I'm curious about the effect of such dent in sound quality. Any thought?
  5. F

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Bought the R3 and R2c as LCR to take the place of Aurum Cantus V3m and V4c in my 5.1.4 system, which I have for the last 15 years. The price of the Rx is in the same range as the AC, so it's a side grade. Size wise, they are also similar, but the AC is built better with about 20% more weight...
  6. F

KEF R3 vs R5

Price for R3 is per pair, but for R5, R7 etc. are fo each.
  7. F

Kef Reference 1 vs LS50M w subs

Yes. Clicking on the link go to the data provided by Kef.
  8. F

Kef Reference 1 vs LS50M w subs

From preference score perspective, the differences between Reference 1 Meta and R3 are indeed negligible.
  9. F

KEF R3 Speaker Review

I put them on the Target HR60 stands that I have had for many years, and they works well and looks good. That say, with the price of those Target stands now (e.g. from Music Direct), I second Steve's suggestion regrading the Monolith stands, which I have the 28 inches version for my rear...
  10. F

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Thank you. Pulled the trigger on open box R3 and R2C from Crutchfield.
  11. F

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

Thanks. I meant the Reference 2C, not R2C.
  12. F

Nice review and excellent measurements for a center. The 4C is too big for me, but the 2C is perfect in terms of size. If the 2C performs similarly, I would seriously consider upgrading to the Ref 1 and 2C as my LCR, and later getting R3 or LS (regular or Meta) as surrounds. That say, R3 and...
  13. F

You mean the discount for the rosewood model? Thanks!
  14. F

Song that exposes - CD, SACD, Apple Music, Amazon HD - sound quality differences

I have the SACD copy for this album, which has the same album cover as the Apple Music version, so maybe from the same master? They both sound great to me, so I would just enjoy the music and not worry too much about the differences, if any :).
  15. F

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

Ref 1 is 10 lbs heavier, so it's really unfair to compare this "thing" to it. The R3, which also weigh 29 lbs, would be fairer comparison ;)
Top Bottom